Chapter Seven: Speard of Ash

Cesar's POV:
We don't sleep for too long but I didn't wanna waste any time. Monse hasn't stopped looking at and touching my broken heart tattoo for a minute. "What?" I ask and she looks up at me like she has no idea what I'm talking about. "What are you thinking?" I elaborate. "You're still the same... and yet different." Monse looks back down at my tattoo again. I smirk and laugh under my breath. I gently pull her hair so she's looking back up at me and I just look at her for a second. When I put my hand under her chin she smiles and I kiss her softly. Neither of us ever thought we'd be here again. Monse starts kissing me a little deeper. We roll over a little so that I'm on top. Neither of us want this to be a one time thing.

Monse's POV:
"I need a shower after all that." I say when I sit up and stretch. "Me too." He's laying down with one arm under his pillow and the other over my thighs. "See you there." I say and Cesar gets right up. I get outta his bed and don't even bother putting anything on. "Shit, I don't have hair tie." I tell him and he hands me one off of his bathroom counter. I know who's it is but I don't care. He turns on the water and it's kind of cold for a second so I hug him... or maybe that's just my excuse. We spend a little too long in the shower but it was definitely worth it. "Here." Cesar throws me a flannel and a pair of his boxers. "Thanks, you know I love stealing your stuff." I laugh. When I change I keep the hair tie around my wrist. "I'm gonna go make some coffee." I kiss him and he tries to stop me from leaving. "I missed this."Cesar says and he kisses me. I put my hand on his cheek. "Me too." I smile. While he changes I fill up my mug and sit down at the table. The front door opens. Of course it's her. "I guess I was right. You are my problem." Vero says and I just stare at her. "Hey." Cesar walks out of his room in just a towel and I don't know what the hell he was thinking. The look on her face when she sees him like that... I been there. Difference is, Cesar loves me and he's not just cheating for some petty reason. She throws the bag she was holding at him. "Vero-" She doesn't let him finish his sentence. "Don't! Don't even!" She sounds like she's ready to cry and she storms out. Cesar looks down at me but I don't know what to say. "Listen, you know I love doing all this with you, but-" I stop him. "I get it. This was a one time thing... a five time thing." I shrug and he sits with me. "You should probably go after her." I point out. "If today's the last day we're doing this, I'm not going anywhere" He leans in and kisses me. When Cesar sits down I get on his lap and our five time thing becomes a six... and then seven... it goes on for a while. Even almost broke the chair we were on. "I don't want this to be over." I tell Cesar and he nods. "Me neither." We both have so much love for each other that even this feels like a breakup. "You gotta go to school." Cesar reminds me. "I know." Neither of move. "We could've still been together if I just-" Cesar stops me. "Don't... Everything I said last night, I meant it. I shouldn't have put you in danger." He puts his hand behind my neck and kisses me. I know he's right but I can't stop myself from thinking about how everything could've been. I put on what I was wearing yesterday and he smirks. "What?" I ask. "Just thinking about last night." Cesar says. "Well, if this gonna be a one time thing we can't keep thinking out it." I tell him. "I'll try but I don't know if I can." Cesar kisses me one more time. While he's getting ready I text Jamal and Ruby.
"I brought pancakes." Ruby says when I open the door. "Where's Cesar? I didn't know you guys were friends." Jamal gives me a weird look. "We are, and he's in his room." I furrow my brow. "What's your problem?" I pull Jamal aside when Ruby goes to the table. "Nothing. I just don't wanna see him hurt you again." Jamal says. He's been looking at me different since I got back and now I get why. "I'll be ok." I squeeze his arm. "Thanks, I'm starving." I tell Ruby. "Long night?" Jamal asks and I choke on my food. "Yeah, I was helping Cesar with... stuff." I say. "Oh. Hey." Cesar says when he walks out of his room.
"I invited them. I figured you could use reinforcements." I turn around in my seat. "Don't you all have school?" He asks us. "Abuelita wrote me a note." Ruby says. "Yeah, my dad called in sick for me." I explain. "And as class president, I gave myself the day off for- What exactly are we here for?" Jamal asks and Cesar puts Oscar's ashes on the table.
"I have Oscar and I need to figure out where to put him." He explains. Jamal looks shocked and way more like his old self.
We tried thinking of something but we couldn't until we remembered the Impala. That idea went to the trash just like Spooky's ashes would've. "Let's grab some food and regroup." Ruby says and we all agree.
Cesar's POV:
"No one is coming after you." Monse tells me. "You don't know that." I remind her. "Okay, then let's just put this off." She suggests but she doesn't get it. "No, I wanna do this now." I say quickly. "I need to do this now." I'm a little more calm this time. "You know there's no rush to figure out where to spread him." She says. "I'll tell her where to spread 'em." Jamal mumbles but I heard every word. "What'd you say, Jamal?" Monse asks him. "Ugh I was just agreeing with you that a good spread of ass-" mother fucker. "Ash! Ugh is hard." He says and Monse nods. "Or makes you hard." Jamal whispers to Ruby. "Hey Monse, can you throw this out for me?" I ask and she gets up. Once she's far enough away I turn to Jamal. "Talk to her like that again and we're gonna spread your ashes next." I make sure he knows I'm not joking. I move Monse's seat next to mine. When she sits back down I wrap my arm over her shoulders and glare at Jamal. "Everything ok?" Monse asks me. "Yeah, you just always make me feel better." I whisper. "You sure? I just don't want you getting caught." She leans back and I shake my head. "Trust me, I'm sure." I smile. The guys look at us and I think Jamal gets it now.