Chapter 3: New Years Eve prt 1

Cesar's POV:
I haven't seen Monse in a few days and I still feel guilty for what I said. "Yo Jasmine!" I run across the street. "Oh so you're talking to me again?" She crosses her arms. "I fucked up. Monse heard me saying I never wanted to see her again." I explain. "And? I don't want y'all back together." She laughs. "Just tell me where she is." I beg. "All I know is she got a job. If you really wanna know, go ask Monty." Jasmine walks away and I go to Monse's. "Cesar?" Brandy opens the door. "Hey is Monty here?" I ask. "It's always weird when teenage boys come over and asking for my husband." She says. "Who else comes over?" I ask and she looks tired of my shit. "I really don't think I should be telling that kinda thing... but I kinda like y'all together. Jamal came over earlier to pick her up." She smiles. "I owe you." I tell her and drive right to the Joint. "Hey." I lean on the counter and Monse rolls her eyes. "What?" Monse rolls her eyes. "I'm sorry. I just didn't wanna piss off Vero." I apologize but she doesn't care. "It's none of my business. You don't wanna see me, that's up to you." She shrugs. "I didn't think you were there. If I did-"
Monse cuts me off. "I'm over it. I was stupid for even thinking we could be friends when you have a girlfriend." She says. "I wanna be friends." I swear but she just rolls her eyes again. "What?" I laugh. "We haven't been just friends since we were fourteen." Monse says. "We can try." I smile and Jamal walks to the front. "What's he doing here?" He's still pissed. "I'm going. I'll see you later Monse." I smile and I can see her trying to hide her smile.
"I'm throwing a party on New Years, if you think we can be friends, you should come." She says. "I'll be there." I nod. "You still here?" Jamal asks.
Monse's POV:
"You didn't have to be like that." I tell Jamal when Cesar leaves. "I told you I didn't wanna see him here." He reminds me. "Relax, literally no one's here so, even if he did start shit, it wouldn't be a big deal." I shrug. "It is to me." He still has t told me what happened but Jamal hates Cesar now. "I didn't even tell anyone I was working here besides my dad and Brandy." I explain. "You really gonna go to his party tomorrow?" He changes the subject. "Probably." I shrug. "Good luck. Vero doesn't leave him alone and she won't care of y'all are just friends." Jamal says. "Trust me, I'd rather spend the night with you. Cesar was always there for me so I'm gonna give him a chance." I say. "When that backfires, you know where to find me." He goes back in the kitchen.
I only work for a few more hours and then Jamal drops me off at home. "Hey dad, can I go to Cesar's party tomorrow night?" I ask. Him and Brandy share a look and then they both laugh. "Monse, it's New Years." He says it like I don't know. "You're not spending New Years with your friends after I just let you go to Jasmine's on Christmas." He explains.
"I already told him I'd go." I complain. "You know how those parties get." Brandy backs him up. "He can come here if he wants." My dad offers. "Right, 'cause a teenager's gonna give up a party to hangout with his ex." I say sarcastically. "It's Cesar, he'll do it." Brandy laughs. "Whatever, I'm not inviting him over." I roll my eyes.
I wake up and they're playing music way too loud. "Guys, it's winter break let me sleep!" I walk out in one of Cesar's old flannels and my bonnet. "Morning Mo." Brandy laughs. "I was-" I stop talking when I see Cesar. "Hey." He looks me up and down. "Look, a teenager gave up a party for a night with his ex." My dad mocks me. "I'm gonna go put on some pants." I drag my feet back to my room. "Why?" Cesar smirks when Brandy walks away. "Just friends, remember?" I cross my arms. "I'm still getting used to it." He laughs. I go to my room, put on some shorts, and fix my hair. "You need any help?" I ask Brandy. "You can help Cesar make cookies." She nudges me with her elbow and I roll my eyes. "So discreet." I whisper. "Here." I hand him a Modelo. "You gonna burn them again?" I ask Cesar. "That was three years ago." He laughs. "Still happened." I annoy him. I put the cookies in the oven and I sit on the counter. "So, your girlfriend know you're here?" I ask. "No, Jamal know I'm here?" He asks and I raise my eyebrows. "What?" I laugh. "Y'all aren't-" I stop him before he makes me throw up. "No!" I yell. "Ok." Cesar nods. "Jealous? We just got close after y'all ditched us. He's literally my best friend." I say. "Now I'm jealous! I'm supposed to be your best friend." He laughs. "Didn't you just say you never wanted to see me again?" I pick on him. "What do I have to do to make it up to you?" He asks and Cesar puts his hand on the counter so I'm between his arms. "You'll figure it out." I lean in but the timer goes off and Brandy walks in. "So Cesar, how's Vero?" She crosses her arms. "She's good." He backs up and I hop off the counter. "Mhm." Brandy nods before she leaves. "She's intense." He says while I take out the cookies. "Yeah, she just doesn't wanna see me do something... stop staring at my ass Cesar." I tell him. "I'm not!" He says. "I know you're lying." I turn around. "I'm working on it. Honestly, I used to do that even before we slept together." He admits and I hit his arm. "That's really gross." I tell him.

To Be Continued...