Chapter 2 (edited)

Mia POV

I wake to my alarm, slowly getting up I drag myself out of bed. My shoulder and back killing me. Martin decided to be sober when I got home and we got into it, him getting the better of me.

Slowly I pick a pair of sweats and a hoodie. When I'm finished getting ready I make my way downstairs. My mother passed out on the sofa next to her boyfriend. Beer bottles scattered, nothing new. I just shake my head walking away and out the door.

The 15 minute walk felt shorter than usual. I kept glancing over my shoulder, I have a very funny feeling today, like something is gonna happen. I just dismiss the thoughts for now.

Walking into school I head straight to my locker. Before I reach my locker I see Katelyn standing there, at my locker.

I groan, I not in the mood to deal with her today.

I slowly approach her as she sees me she goes to say something, I put my hand up to stop her. "I am not in the mood to deal with whatever bullshit your selling. If you have something to say go tell someone who cares, like your fuckbuddy or your drug dealer." I open my locker ignoring her, putting my bag up I grads the items I need.

Shutting my locker she still stands there a look of shock. She composed herself, "you a true bitch you know that?"

I give her a smirk, "well lying never really got anyone anywhere. I like to call it blunt honesty, like I said have something to say? Go to someone who will give a damn about your opinion. I could careless about what you have to say, go cry to mommy. And correction, I'm an asshole. Your the bitch." With that I just turn and leave, heading to my first class.

———

Math class. If there's one thing I hates as much as Katelyn it's math. And Martin.

Where the hell am I gonna use the pythagorean theorem or quadratic equation.

Sitting down in my seat in the back I pull out my phone. The pain has dulled down but it's still hurts like hell. I have to roll my shoulder slightly to get feeling in it.

As the lesson starts I don't even bother to pay attention. About 20 minutes into the lesson the PA goes off, "can I please have Mia Moretti report to the office please." Looking up in confusion, I can feel the gazes of fellow classmates. Slowly standing I pick up my things and slowly exit the classroom and make my way to the office. Making a stop to my locker and dropping my stuff off.

Upon entering the secretary looks up and smiles lightly, I give her a wink and her smile just widens. "The principal is waiting for you in her office."

I don't even bother knocking on her door I just kick it open. She snaps her head up with a glare I just give her a rebelled smirk, "whatever I did I didn't do it. But I must say your daughter has been getting on my nerves the last few days. You need to have a chat with her about manners before I do."

That's when I notice we're not alone. "You didn't hit anyone this time did you?" Officer Jacobs.

Jacobs and I have a weird love-hate relationship. I meet him in 8th grade when I got suspended for the first time and even since than we have very frequent run ins. Just for the record, if people weren't stupid we wouldn't have run ins at all.

I notice there are 2 men sitting next to him on the sofa. "No Jacobs I didn't punch anyone, yet. But if Katelyn keeps it up I reckon that talk will happen soon than later." Mrs. Monroe's glare darkens, i throw my hand up in surrender. I glance to the 2 men who look slightly amused, they look like they could snap me in half.

I look back at Mrs. Monroe "listen I didn't do anything wrong yet, there was no need to bring in the Rock and his twin brother."

She just sighs and leans back in her chair with a deadpanned expression. "Their obviously not the Rock, and the Rock doesn't have a twin." I look at her in confusion and rise an eye brow, I seem to do that a lot. I sit down in front of her.

"How do you know that? He could have a doppelgänger." She just looks at me. "Fine whatever, what am I doing her then?"

"Your mother was in a car accident, she was driving drunk and didn't stop at a the red light. A truck ended up hitting her, she passed away on her way to the hospital." To say I was shocked was an understatement. I had to let my brain catch up. She may have been a shitty mother and I didn't exactly love her as a mother, she was still my mother. As I take in the information I remember something, or someone. "What about Martin?" Jacobs steps in, "we don't know where he is, he wasn't with your mom and no one can get ahold of him."

I look down at my lap taking in the information, I glance over at the other 2 men in the room who haven't said a word. They have a form of familiarity to them. The younger man catches me looking at then and he smiles. I tilt my head to the side, observing them. The older man looks over at me with a blank stare. I really look at them trying to figure out why they look familiar.

Then it clicks.

There's no way.

Realization crosses my features as I take him in.

It's when he speaks. I knew it's him, his voice is a deep rumble. "Mia?" My body freezes, no fucking way. The eye color, hair color, nose, skin tone. All the same as mine, I though I'd never see him again.

"Daddy?" He's really here?