Chapter 10 (edited)

Mia POV

I am currently sitting in the car with Elijah, the twins and Donny. We're going shopping, ew. I'm sat between Donny and Marco, my Jean lean on Sonny's shoulder while he plays with my hair.

I huff "this is stupid." Everyone except Elijah looks at me, "why could we just get all the things I need online?"

Elijah shrugs "dad said to take you out."

I slouch back and pout, I got dragged out of bed for this.

The audacity.

Donny looks at me and asks "you don't like shopping?"

I turn my pout into a heated glare and slowly turn to him sitting up properly, I rise an eye brow "are you stereotyping me Donny boy?"

He freezes while looking at me, he gulps and shakes his head "NO, no just asking."

I can hear the snickering from Elijah and Marco from the front seat and Malachi next to me. I smirk, "I hope y'all weren't thinking the same thing."

The twins chuckle nervously, Elijah just glances at me.

Elijah just stares some more shaking his head, "I thought that all girls liked shopping?"

I frown. "Do I look like every girl to you? I don't like shopping because I hate crowded places." I look at my lap, "Martin broke me, so I apologize if I'm not as fun as 'any other girl' you guys like to hang out with." My mumble meet with silence.

The rest of the car ride was quiet. I'm upset, not at them, but at myself. I can't even enjoy the simple thing because I had it ripped away from me.

After another 10 mins we finally get to the mall, I'm the first one out of the car and started walking toward the entrance.

"Mia wait!" Elijah.

I ignore him and keep walking, I feel my chest tighten but ignore it.

"Mia hold on a sec will ya?" Suddenly he grabs my and spins me around.

I just turn and look at him. He huffs and runs a hand through his hair, I pull my arm out of his grip.

I just wanna a minute to myself to calm down.

———

Elijah POV

I stand there and study her. "Loca I'm sorry. I didn't..."

She sighs and looks away slightly, her hazel eyes start to water. "I know dad told you guys after I went to bed last night." Her whisper is quiet. "I just wish I didn't come with the baggage I hold. I just wanna be a normal 17 year old. Enjoying life to the fullest. Not angry at the world because of the cards I was dealt."

I pulled her to me and wrapped her in a bear hug. Dad tucked Mia called us to his office. He did tell us what she told him, I just feel like I could've done more. She was literally an hour away this whole time.

I kiss the crown of her head and tighten my grip on her as she unsteadily exhales. The twins come over and wrap their arms around the both of us. "You deserve better so much more." We stand like that for a few mins until we all pull away. I lift her chin up and wipe her tears, "now let us spoil you until our pockets hurts." She breaths out a watery laugh.

———

6 hours of shopping, 30 bags and a 20 min lunch later we are finally done.

I'm never doing this shit again.

And I also found out the twins have a shopping addiction.

We're heading out to the car when I think of something, "I want to make a stop before we go home." Donovan and Mia both groan.

I just scoff. Children.

We take the 25 min drive to my tattoo shop. Mia looks up in awe while the rest continue playing on their phones. "Come on Mia, the rest of you stay here."

Marco rolls his eyes " do I look like a dog to you brother?"

I smirk "yup. And you smell like one, might wanna hit the shower when we get home."

He glares as his twin laughs. Donny shakes his head "yes mother we'll stay put until you get back just don't take 10 years."

Mia fallows me inside and toward the back. We reach my office and I go to the cabinet and pull a box out and give it to her. "Dad mentioned you worked at a tattoo shop, I called and talked to your friend Justine this morning. She told me you were their best artist and you took pride in it. I ordered you a tattooing kit, it's the equipment we use here and the best in the market. I thought even though your not there you can still keep into it and whenever you want you can come down and work. The offer will always stand."

At first she's shocked, jaw dropped and eyes wide. After a moment she collects herself and her eyes start to water. I smile, "I told you. You deserve better than the cards you were dealt. Let us make for the years we missed." I cup her face and wipe the tears as she shakes her head.

"Elijah I cant take this." She whispers.

I hug her "why not baby?"

I wait patiently, her tears wet my shirt slightly but I could care less. After a few mins she pull away while wiping her eyes and looks up at me, "I can't take this because I didn't earn it. It didn't work for it."

I sigh "Mia, we missed out on 10 years of your life. I do see where your coming from, but at the same time you can also be given without have to earn it. And those 10 years we miss, we plan on spoiling you to no end. So just take because I won't take no for an answer."

Tears we're rapidly rolling down her face but, from the time since she's been back home, she had the biggest smile. It was the smile she would have on her face when she was little, the smile the showed her dimples.

The smile that made the world fall at her feet.

That smile that I missed for 10 years.

She jump on me wrapping her arms and legs around me like a koala, "let's go home Eli I'm hungry."

I chuckle as I carry her back out to the car and head home.

Of corse it involves food.