10. safety net

Trigger warning:
Contains mature themes like suicide and sexual content.

Readers discretion is advised.

▪︎▪︎▪︎

Don't know if I should fight or fly

▪︎▪︎▪︎

What made it so real?

What she sees through her eyes, what she heard through her ears as they vibrate her eardrums, they all touch her nerves which are hidden deep down.

Through these messages, she began to have her own thoughts.

It was a shame felt through anger to herself.

It was quite strange, lonely, and dark.

Halos mamanhid ang mukha niya sa lakas ng sampal na natanggap. But Indigo stayed still, as tears keeps rolling down her cheeks from her empty raven eyes.

"Bring Ethan back," Jennifer husked in a low, yet audible voice while grasping the collar of her shirt hard. "Bring him back! Bring Ethan back, you fucking murderer!"

Hindi umimik si Indigo. Hinayaan niyang sampalin at murahin siya ng paulit-ulit ni Jennifer habang nakatingin siya sa kawalan at tahimik na umiiyak.

Jennifer sob so hard, almost like she was gasping for air to breathe.

"Please! Bring him back! I'm begging you!"

Nawalan ng lakas ang tuhod ni Jennifer at tuluyang dumausdos ang katawan niya pababa sa malamig na sahig habang patuloy na pumapalahaw ng iyak.

Indigo can feel it.

Her heart, breaking into pieces as anguish inside of her raged with so much guilt and anger towards herself. As if the explosion which no one but her heartfelt had ripped her apart from the inside.

She didn't want to scream and she didn't want to voice her devastation aloud like Jennifer.

The only way to let the turbulent emotions escape her body was through tears. So she cried, as silent as wind passing by, allowing the salty liquid to coat her cheeks.

"I'm sorry ..."

"Isn't it enough that you almost forced your way to me, Indigo, just because I choose Ethan over you?!"

"I'm sorry ..."

"Ethan didn't die because he committed suicide. He died because you killed him! Ikaw mismo ang nagtulak sakanya para patayin ang sarili niya! Mamamatay tao ka! Sana hindi ka nalang namin nakilala!"

"I'm sorry ..."

Mabilis na tumayo si Jennifer para pantayan ang mga mata ni Indigo. She gritted her teeth seeing Indigo's tears rolling on her cheeks before slapping her hard again.

Sumigaw ng malakas si Jennifer. Pain and despair can be felt in her voice as she started to hit Indigo's chest with force that her body can muster.

Indigo staggered backwards, pero hindi niya pinigilan ang kaibigan na saktan siya.

"Kill me, Jen," she said, making Jennifer stop hitting her for a second. "I offer you my life in your hands right now. You will decide whether I live or die."