22. bad idea

I've been outta sight
I've been worried 'bout you lately
Runnin' outta time
Wishin' you would come and save me

▪︎▪︎▪︎

If 'essence' is to precede 'existence'

Then I am able to be stripped
of my choices.

▪︎▪︎▪︎

Third Person

"Samantha!"

"Colleen?"

They were both surprised to see each other inside the hotel's restroom. Tuluyan na humarap ang abogada sakanya habang nasa harapan sila ng wall mirror.

She's wearing her usual formal attire with an above-the-knee pencil skirt, suit jacket, and red stilettos. May suot na eyeglasses rin ito sa mata habang pormal na nakapusod ang buhok.

"It's been a while. How are you?" Samantha asked in her usual flat tone.

Nonetheless, Colleen wasn't offended. Mukhang ganito na talaga ang abogada makipag-usap sa ibang tao except sa kapatid niyang si Odin at sa mga barkada nito.

"I'm great. By the way, I would like to thank you again for helping Jennifer Garcia on her lawsuit. If it wasn't because of you, I wouldn't be able to steal away a precious gem from that trash entertainment agency." Nakangiting anas niya dito.

"I'm just doing my job." Tipid na sagot nito habang naglalagay ng red lipstick sa labi.

She also did the same and face the mirror.

"By the way, what are you doing here? Are you meeting with a client?" Colleen asked while wiping the lipstick stain on her lower lip.

"I'm just treating myself for an early dinner. How about you?"

"Is that so?" Colleen said, surprised. "What a coincidence! Would you like to join us at our table?"

Tapos na sila kumain ni Indigo pero may plano pa sila na tumambay ng ilang sandali dito sa hotel bago umuwi. And maybe a little conversation with Attorney Samantha Laroscain won't be that bad.

She enjoys her company. Marami siyang nalalaman patungkol sa buhay ni Odin noon mula sa mga kwento ng abogada.

Siguro may kaunting insecurities at selos na nararamdaman siya dito lalo na at mas close ang kapatid niya kay Samantha kesa sakanya. But she's really thankful to her for being with Odin before and even after shits happened.

"I'm with," Samantha click her tongue in annoyance, "I'm with someone right now. Is your invitation still available?"

Automatic na tumaas ang isang kilay ni Colleen sa kunot-noong anas ng abogada. Mukhang alam na niya kung sino ang tinutukoy nito base sa expression na meron ito ngayon.

"Are you with that crazy bitch, Magni Zafeiriou?"

"And the bitch is talking like an idiot again."

A familiar voice suddenly joined between their conversation. Colleen and Samantha both rolled their eyes heavenwards and did a dramatic sigh.

"Speaking of the devil," walang ganang anas niya ng biglang kumalampag ang pintuan ng restroom. "Miss jerky ass bitch just come out of nowhere. Of course, I talk like an idiot, how else would you understand me?"

Nasa hamba ngayon ng pintuan si Magni na malditang naka cross arms habang nasa likod naman nito si Indigo. At ang siste, nakuha pa talaga nitong kumaway sakanila.