Chapter 3: Mystery Meat

It's been a few days since your first day at school. Here we see you and the trio at the lab in your house with your dad, Jack Fenton.

Jack: So, Danny… You, your twin sister and your little friends want to hunt ghosts?

Danny: Uh, actually, Dad? I want to be an astronaut.

(F/N): And I want to be a gardener. Or an astronaut like Danny but it depends on where I go.

Sam: Sorry, Mr. Fenton. I was into ghosts, but they're so mainstream now. They're like cellphones.

Tucker: Waste these looks and all this charisma hunting ghosts? Criminal.

Jack: Well, if you do want to hunt ghosts, there are a few things you need to learn. *Turns to a table with laboratory equipment and beakers*.

We see a blue mist suddenly escaping Danny's mouth and yours too.

You and Danny: Oh no.

We see the ghost portal opening.

Danny: *Off-screen* This isn't good.

(F/N): No kidding.

We then see two ecto-puses escape from the portal, growling as they grab Sam and Tucker around their mouths and lift them up out of their chairs.

Jack: True, I've never seen a ghost, but when I do, I'll be prepared.

You and Danny look alarmed as the ectopuses are floating above the floor, Sam and Tucker still in their grasp.

Jack: *Off-screen* And so will you. Whether you want to be or not.

We then see you and Danny get a determined look on your faces while Jack is still messing with the various items on the lab table while you and Danny jump off-screen, a white light appearing and disappearing before various fighting noises are heard.

Jack: *Obliviously* It all starts with your equipment.

As he says this he holds up a thermos. Behind him an ectopus goes flying past. Sam and Tucker are flung back into their chairs. Jack goes over to them.

Jack: Sam, Tucker, this is the Fenton Thermos.

Jack then hands the thermos to Sam, and both Sam and Tucker look at it. Jack turns back around to the lab table.

Jack: It's supposed to trap ghosts *Behind Jack another ectopuses go flying past butJack doesn't notice* But since it doesn't work yet it's just a thermos. A thermos with the word "Fenton '' in front of it.

The ectopuses look defeated and dizzy and fly back into the portal. Another white light flashes off-screen, then you and Danny are shown standing where the light came from. The portal suddenly closes and you and Danny jump off-screen. Jack points at the now-closed portal.

Jack: And that? That is the Fenton Portal. It releases ghosts into our world whether I want it to or not. And someday, I'll figure out how that *Taps the door* works too. *Turns around and walks towards a trembling Sam and Tucker, towering over them*.Now, who wants to hunt some ghosts?

Cut to Sam and Tucker trembling while you and Danny were seen panting and putting a hand on the back of Tucker's chair.

Jack: You kids, look at you! You're too excited to speak! So I'll just go on speaking. I was born many years ago in a log cabin in the woods. Don't exactly remember where, but I do remember I wanted a pony. *Sam and Tucker look at you and Danny who only hangs his head*  Never got the pony. As a matter of fact we had to eat horse meat during the war. I had a problem with that.

Later on we see Maddie in the kitchen as she puts on the hood of her blue jumpsuit and begins putting some final touches using a blowtorch on a new invention.  We see Jazz glancing up from a book to look at her mom with annoyance before going back to reading. Meanwhile we see you eating a breakfast sandwich while Danny is seen busy eating cereal, when his hand suddenly disappears. His spoon drops through his intangible hand as he attempts to take a bite of cereal. He gasps before looking down at his missing hand. Upon realizing his hand is invisible, Danny freaks out and quickly hides his hand under the table.