- 12-

Thank you for so much love on the last chapter! Please remember to vote and comment! I love seeing everyone's interaction on the story!

100 votes and 70 comments until next chapter;)
______________________________

"Papa, don't leave me," Louis cried, hanging on to his Papa's arm outside of his class.

Zayn, frowned, letting out a sigh and bending down to his height.  "Baby, you love going to school.  I promise once you get in there today will go so fast and before you know it, I'll be picking you up and we'll go home to Daddy and Sissy, okay?"

Louis sniffed, using his hand to wipe at his nose.  "Promise?"

"Promise, love."

Zayn wrapped the boy in quick hug before ushering him into his class.  He smiled as some of his friends called his name.  Zayn looked for his teacher, Miss Ashley.

He quickly explained the situation and that Louis might be more emotional today.  Reminding her to call him if anything else happened, he thanked her and started heading his way to work.

It was boring drive with a little bit of rain.  He was honestly understanding of how Louis felt.  He wanted to be home too.  His office knew he wasn't suppose to be called in unless it was urgent this week.  Liam and himself were meant to be spending time with Maddie.

Zayn pulled into the lot, rushing into the building as the rain picked up.  He'd like a day when it was sunny.  They'd been wanting to take the littles to the zoo.

Zayn greeted a handful of people, not being as chatty as he normally is.  He wanted to get in, get his work done, and go home to his family.  It was almost laughable how badly he was itching to see Madison's face.  The man was on a mission to make this day go as fast as possible.

The man had barely just reached his office, unlocking the door before his cell phone started ringing.  At that moment he would've bet it was the school calling about Louis.  So when he saw Liam's name flashing across the screen, it was a bit of a surprise.  Something must've happened.. The two men had an understanding that unless it was an emergency they wouldn't call during office hours.  Only text.

"Li? What's wrong? Is Madison okay?" Zayn stood halfway in between his office and the hallway, readying himself for the chance he needed to rush home.

Liam sniffed, wiping at his eyes.  "No. I mean- nobody is physically hurt.  But I just needed to hear your voice."

"What happened? Where's Madison?"

Liam took a breath, trying to calm himself.  Not only did he not want to worry Zayn, he didn't want any evidence that he had cried.  He didn't want to worry Madison.

"She's in the playroom.  Z, it's bad.  We were just sitting there and then she had a breakdown and it just hurts. She's so broken."  Liam went on to tell Zayn what happened.

"And it broke my heart. Now I just want to go kill the people who hurt her."

Zayn let out a small chuckle. "Well that's not an option. The last thing she needs is violence to counteract the previous violence. I'm glad she opened up though." He took a breath, hearing a small 'yeah' on the other side of the line. "It's gonna be okay, Li. We knew she had been through a lot. It'll be hard, but I know we can do it. She already made progress today. You know how easy it is to see she's already half way there naturally. She just needs those extra steps and a few pushes. Now, make sure your tears are dry, and go be the best Daddy that you are. I'll see you two in a few hours. I love you."

"Thanks, Z. I love you too."

Zayn sighed, running his fingers through his hair and making his way to his desk. What a Wednesday..