- 14 -

Hey! We're gonna change it up a bit, okay?
I'm tired of asking for a certain amount of votes and comments for new chapters. I realized it kind of makes me look like i'm digging for clout. When in reality, the reason I want everyone to comment is because I love seeing y'all's thoughts and feedback and i LOVE talking to everyone.
So if you ever feel like commenting, please do. But never feel like you have to. I just live for the feedback and conversation:)

also- i made a Peter Parker/ Marvel Ageplay if you're interested!!!
__________________________

"Louis! Grab your backpack from the sofa, we're going to be late," Liam called out from the kitchen, cursing at the time displayed on his watch. It was already 9am which is when school started.

The morning had been hectic. One of the pipes burst from the sudden cold chill outside, leaving their house without running water. Zayn had to brush Louis' teeth with a bottled water they had laying about. They were glad they had made time for a bath last night with the littles. Liam was heading to work without a shower. Still half asleep, Louis banged his nose on the counter this morning and ended up with a bloody nose. He was fine, but it didn't help adding to the stress of everything.

Madison was still asleep, like most mornings, not typically waking till 9:30. Liam was honestly surprised she slept through everything this morning. He gave Zayn a quick kiss on the cheek and pulled Louis into the car, hoping he could make it to work before 9:30.

It was highly unlikely.

Zayn collapsed on the couch once the door closed, running a hand over his face as he let the silence fill his ears. He had dealt with a crying Louis most of the morning and a cranky husband who had to find a last minute plumber. Liam hated being late for anything, so he tried to give him some space to calm down. They were meant to be meeting at Louise's office at 11:45.

Louise was an old friend of theirs. But more importantly, she was the top therapist of their community. She worked with littles of every background and trauma. Liam wasn't very fond of the idea. Bringing her to therapy, he didn't want to give Madison the idea that something was wrong with her. He understood this could help though. Madison was never given the opportunity to learn to process emotions nor how to handle them. She doesn't know how to allow herself comfort or anything for herself. There was only so much Liam and Zayn could do to help and Louise was much more educated in that area. Zayn's main worry was the harm she brings upon herself without even being knowledgeable. They would just let the two talk today and see how Madison felt after. Zayn felt it would be better not to tell Madison what exactly it was that Louise did. This was just a friend.

Picking himself up off the couch, Zayn stretched his back, deciding it would be best to work on some laundry and cleaned while she slept. She probably would be fine if he did it while she was awake, but Zayn wanted to be around her as much as possible.

Upstairs, Madison was lying awake in her crib. She had been awake for some time now. After Liam retrieved Louis this morning, she drifted off for a few more minutes, but ultimately woke up again at 8:15. Her eyes had stayed shut, allowing herself the time alone. She didn't get much of it now and she wanted to be able to think about the last couple days without distraction. Louis was on his way to school and she knew her Papa would be coming to get her soon if she didn't call for him herself. Last night they told her they were going to lunch with a friend. She was confused since she knew Liam was supposed to be at work today and they said it would be best if Louis wasn't there.

Her eyes finally fluttered open, looking down towards the window. Through the slit in the curtains, she saw the trees sway in the wind, their autumn coloured leaves drifting away. The clouds were a light gray and it looked like it was drizzling outside. Her lips tightened together as she stretched her body, a small grunt emitting from her throat. Rubbing away at the sleep, her fist twisted near her eye. There was no way she would be going back to sleep. It was going to be a long day.