- 03 -

I would appreciate 10 votes and 5 comments before the next chapter :)
_________________________

Madison looked around the large house as the two smiling men lead her upstairs.

As she went to place her foot on the first step, she was quickly lifted into the air and onto Liam's hips.

"Oh no no, baby. Don't climb the steps. They're very dangerous, we don't want you falling, now do we?"

"I rather fall than be here."
Even though she mumbled, the two men still heard what she had said. They weren't very happy with that.

"Watch your mouth, Madison. I don't appreciate those words."

She rolled her eyes at this statement, pushing against Liam's hard chest.
The house was silent besides the tired grunts coming from her mouth and the movement of Liam and Zayn's arms.

"Maddie. Madison, stop. Stop, baby,"

Zayn spoke in a hard voice- but quiet enough not to alarm Louis, who was just down the hall. The small lad never handled confrontation very well. The last thing Zayn and Liam needed was another child to settle down. They already could tell Madison would be a handful the next few months trying to settle her in.

She didn't know how but some way they got her into a very large bathroom, guessing that it was Liam or Zayn's.

They set her on the counter, Zayn standing in front of her so she wouldn't fall as Liam closed the door.

"W-why'd you close the door," Madison asked wearily.

"It's okay, we just don't want Louis to be bothered."

She watched as Liam searched the cabinets under the sink. He rummaged through the endless bottles of shaving cream and other things. But, she got distracted as she felt Zayn's hand grab hers and run his thumb over the top of her hand. The fluttering feeling in her heart started again and it seemed as though it skipped a beat. But it was a different feeling. It was a sense of protection. Even, maybe even, just caring.

She wanted to think that it was love. But that was impossible.

As that last thought ran through her mind, she yanked her hand free of his, scooting back.

A surprised look fell over his face, a frown growing. Zayn just wanted to comfort her. Even Louis wasn't this guarded when they brought him home. Madison was something else. Something that slightly worried the two. They wanted to show her love but they didn't know if she would let them.

At the look on Zayn's face, she felt guilty. But, she also wanted him to grab her hand again. She liked the feeling. But it wasn't a good thing, was it?

Liam walked over, sending Zayn a short look as he didn't know what happened.
Madison watched as he set down a medical kit on the marble platform.

He pulled out a few wipes and band aids, somehow retrieving an ice bag.

"Here," Liam said softly, raising the cold bag to her jaw.
She flinched at the freezing temperature. Zayn placed his hand where Liam's was as Liam grabbed a couple of disinfecting wipes.

"This may sting a little, love."

Liam raised the wipe to the cut on her forehead, trying to be careful.
The second it touched the injury, Madison winced loudly, grabbing Zayn's hand without a second thought.

"It's okay, shh. You're being so good," Zayn whispered, wiping the tears as they continuously fell down her cheeks.

"I'm sorry, baby," Liam whispered after him, continuing to clean the cut. The pain was forceful, making it very evident.
But if he didn't clean it, it would become infected.