Chapter 46:

A S P E N W I L S O N
»»————-  ————-««

"Use the quadratic formula first," Saint instructs absently. "Once you've factored it out, set it equal to the tangent point. Then solve for x."

I tiredly yawn, stretching my legs out from under me and pressing my back into Saint's front as I frown at the problem. I don't think I'll be able to do it.

Craning my head back to look at Saint, I smile sweetly. "How about I help you with your homework?"

His lip quirks at the suggestion. "Cute, but I did all of my stuff last night while you were sleeping so I could help you do yours today."

My shoulders slump. "Ugh."

"You're almost done, gorgeous. Just power through the rest of them. I'm here if you need help."

Despite his sweet reaffirmation, I grumble curses under my breath as I turn my face back to the laptop on my lap. I seriously despised math.

We've been going at doing all my missing assignments and catching up with what everyone was learning in Jersey all of today. We started around 8 AM and it was almost 6 PM now.

I'd gone through and finished all my work for my other seven classes but math has had me struggling for the past two hours. There were a lot of assignments to get through and when I first opened the grade book, I wanted to weep.

Luckily, Saint has been with me and I'm 99.9% sure that it's because of him that I haven't lost my shit and smashed my computer into bits already. He's been helping me understand what I can't understand, keeping me on my tasks, and the way he was holding me and messing with my hair was comforting.

This was the last worksheet to get through and I was struggling, but I needed to push through. I wanted to graduate after all. I promised myself I would for my father. I wanted to make him proud.

As I solve the next few problems, my mind shifts between math and Saint's hand under my shirt. He'd been drawing circles on my stomach, and I'd be lying if I said that wasn't nice.

It felt incredible and I think I was purposely going slow to have his hands on me longer. I loved how gentle his touch was. There was a soft firmness behind it that made my body warm all over.

Smiling to myself, I work harder to finish my homework. It takes me awhile, but I finally finish and when I do, I slam my laptop shut and throw it to the side of my bed far away from me.

I don't want to see math for another week. Ill puke if I do.

"You did good, Aspen. I'm proud of you." Saint chuckles as he kisses the top of my head.

His words are reassuring to hear and make me smile despite how exhausted my mind feels. Just then, I turn around to face him, a realization hitting me. "Oh my God."

His hands stop and he tilts his head to the side. "What happened?"

"Today's Christmas Eve! Oh my God, oh my God! Angel, we have a bunch to do!" I pull away from him so I could sit directly in front of him. I cross my legs under me and clasp my hands together, meaning business. "We need to decorate outside the house with lights, decorate the tree, bake cookies, and we still haven't gone Christmas shopping let alone wrapped the gifts. Today's Christmas Eve!"