Chapter 6: Monster

Bell stood there, shocked by the sudden realization. A monster like him had no right to become a hero. 

He brushed off any remaining dust on him, though it did nothing to remove the evidence of a fight on him; the blood of his enemies. 

He solemnly looked at them, the traces of an innocent bunny completely gone. 

This was the new Bell. 

The Bell that savagely destroyed the War Shadows. The Bell that was more monster than actual monsters. 

He had completely lost control there.

 He forced a smile, and extended a hand to them, a despairing aura surrounding him. 

He had come to his senses, but he now held the atmosphere of a broken man; a man who had his dreams crushed right in front of him. 

The walk back home was completely silent.

They trudged back out of the Dungeon, Bell completely stained in jet-black blood while the others walked next to him, not knowing what to think of him. 

They arrived outside of Babel, and then split up. He waved goodbye unenthusiastically, while they walked off without a word. 

Bell sighed. 

Of course it would end up like this. An untalented boy like him was doomed to behold a terrible fate. 

He walked down the street, aimlessly. 

People on the street turned away and avoided him. They wanted nothing to do with him. 

He glanced at the bustling building that was the Hostess of Fertility. He sighed once again. 

Why not? There was no reason to avoid it anyways.

He entered the tavern, and the customers gave him a look of disgust, as if he had tainted the place with his presence. 

He sat down, and asked for the cheapest item on the menu. 

He already knew what it was, just didn't have the energy to try and remember. 

The waitresses around him sensed his bad mood, and backed off. 

Bell appreciated the gesture, as he wasn't really in the mood for the regular teasing that they usually gave him. 

He looked at his hands; they were covered in War Shadow blood. As was the rest of his body, he'd have to use the public showers in Babel later. 

They finally arrived with his food, so he thanked them and began to dig in. 

The familiar sound of the Loki Familia arriving filled the air. 

Great. 

He resolved to finish his meal quickly and get out of there. 

...

Ais furrowed her eyebrows. 

She wasn't in the best of moods right now. She had seen the boy named Ren again, yet he looked pretty shaken up. 

Add that to the constant pestering of her Familia to drink, and it resulted in an Ais in a bad mood; something that you do not want to mess with. 

The Loki Familia seemed to have taken the hint, and they shut up quickly. Loki, however, was too drunk to notice this. 

"C'mon Ais! One drink won't hurt!" Ais detected Loki muttering a "Probably.." under her breath. 

She sighed.