Chapter 14: A.. Date?!

Bell's cheeks flushed as he walked through the streets of Orario.

Next to the Sword Princess.

He shrunk as hateful glares from literally every male there bore into his back.

Really, he was more confused than anything else

This is an.. 

He paused for a moment, trying to think of the right word.

What was it, again?

Unusual punishment. 

Yes, that was it.

Maybe her plan was for these people to hate me?

When Ais had caught him on the 10th Floor, he had not expected things to turn out the way they did.

He briefly recalled the recent events..

...

AN: Flashback time!

Ais stared at him, her gaze making him cower in fear.

Forget monsters, this was terrifying.

"Please have mercy." He managed, looking up at her with terrified eyes.

She ignored him.

"You're coming with me."

He gulped audibly, following her without hesitation out of fear of what she might do to him if he hadn't.

Bell stood, awe-struck in front of the Twilight Manor.

It's huge!

The building could only really be described that way, even if it was more tall than it was wide. Multiple other, smaller towers overlapped the middle one, replicating the look of a castle. It grandly towered over everything, reliving Bell's first time seeing Babel.

Well, Babel was taller, but still!

Bell's daze was quickly interrupted, as when they approached the gates, the guards, noticing the menacing aura Ais was emitting, opened the gates quickly, as to not direct her rage towards them, making him remember his task: Try to survive.

They silently gave him their condolences in the form of supportive looks, as if to say, "Don't die!"

He would try.

Thus, he accepted it gracefully with a smile, a bit saddened that they couldn't do more.

Oh, well.

It was better if they weren't caught in the crossfire.

They entered, walking down the path as adventurers cleared out of her way. An Amazon suddenly jumped out of nowhere, scaring Bell.

"AIS! There you are!"

He noticed her bubbly personality as she happily greeted Ais, her black hair swishing up and down as she jumped around excitedly.

To call the newcomer energetic would be an understatement.

"Is there a spare room we can use to talk?"

Ais nodded towards Bell behind her.

"Uh.. Yeah. Why?"

"We need to have a very serious conversation about some.. Personal issues."