9. 𝙇𝙚𝙩'𝙨 𝙩𝙖𝙠𝙚 𝙖 𝙬𝙖𝙡𝙠?

**

𝐑𝐞𝐜𝐚𝐩: 𝐼'𝑚 𝑗𝑢𝑠𝑡 𝑎𝑏𝑜𝑢𝑡 𝑡𝑜 𝑐𝑜𝑚𝑝𝑙𝑒𝑡𝑙𝑦 𝑑𝑟𝑜𝑤𝑛 𝑚𝑦𝑠𝑒𝑙𝑓 𝑖𝑛𝑡𝑜 𝑎 𝑑𝑒𝑒𝑝 𝑠𝑙𝑒𝑒𝑝, 𝑏𝑢𝑡 𝑚𝑦 𝑑𝑜𝑜𝑟 𝑜𝑝𝑒𝑛𝑠.

𝐼 𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑐𝑒 𝑚𝑦 𝑒𝑦𝑒𝑠 𝑜𝑝𝑒𝑛 𝑎𝑠 𝐼 𝑏𝑒𝑔𝑖𝑛 𝑡𝑜 ℎ𝑒𝑎𝑟 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑣𝑜𝑖𝑐𝑒 𝐼 𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑐𝑒 𝑚𝑦𝑠𝑒𝑙𝑓 𝑡𝑜 𝑑𝑖𝑠𝑙𝑖𝑘𝑒.

"𝐵𝑒𝑙𝑙𝑎, 𝑤𝑒 𝑛𝑒𝑒𝑑 𝑡𝑜 𝑡𝑎𝑙𝑘."

𝐄𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐚𝐩.
**
8:36 𝐏𝐌

I groan slightly as I situate myself up, sitting on my bottom. I rub my eyes a little before looking up at the figure standing at my door.

"Vinnie?"

"Sorry, but I just needed to tell you something." He speaks once more.

I roll my eyes at his odd behavior, he's mad at me one second, and he's apologizing for waking me up the next?

"Talk about what, exactly?" I respond, my voice soft.

He lets out a breath.
"I just- can I just-"

I cut him off.

"Let's take a walk, yeah?" I say, also needing some air.

The awkward tension of not knowing what to say is sickening.

I see his tall figure nod. I begin to step out of bed, unfortunately. I slip on my favorite pair of converse with fluffy socks as quickly as I can.

Which isn't that quick, by the way.
These shoes are so pretty, but they take so damn long to put on for no reason at all.

As soon as I finish I get up and walk towards my door, but he's gone?

Have I been drugged?

Oh my god.

I walk out into the hallway and to the front door of the house.

I open the door and see the curly haired boy sitting on a step. His head turns to meet me.

"Hey." I say quietly, unsure of what to do.

"Hi." He replies.

He begins to stand up, I move to the side to give him space.

We both start walking in sync to an unknown location.

After 10 minutes of silently walking through the campus he begins to speak.

"I'm sorry, Bella. Really." He confesses.

I swallow.

"It's fine, Vinnie. I just don't understand why you had to react a certain way to get me away from you."  I begin.

"Seriously, if you didn't want me around or to stop talking to you, you could've just made it clear, politely, at least." I finish.

He shakes his head almost immediately.

"No." He states.

I furrow my brows at him.

What?

"I mean- no. Like- that's not what I want. I don't want you to stop talking to me or to stop being around me, I just-" he continues.

"I'm just... not used to it, is all." He sighs.