THOR (0)

𓆩✪𓆪

CLASSIFIED

CLASSIFIED

Patrick sits up straighter when she hears the familiar footsteps of those big leather boots, nearing where she currently lounges at the base.

Coming to stand in front of her, her boss looks down at her and raises his brow, hands in their usual place on his hips.

"You know I usually don't like to be contacted on my break." She says simply, leaning back one arm on the steps behind her. She holds back the smirk she feels itching to tug at her lips. Those words are some he's said to her many, many times during her years as an agent.

She looks up tucking her long hair behind her ear and tugging on her leather jacket, her green eyes give him a quick glance over, out of habit, before meeting his eye over the top of her glasses.

He leans down, one foot on the stair beside her and pushes the glasses up her nose, "Wear them properly." He says simply before standing up straight again.

She raises a brow and tilts her head down so they slip down her nose once again, giving a simple smile she receives a sigh from the man standing above her.

"What were you doing, mugging an old white man?"

"A middle-aged white man."

Nick gives a small snort of a laugh as he gestures for her to walk with him, "I need you to meet someone, you'll be working here for a while."

"Why? And is this technically my first mission?"

"Call it what you want, you're not ready to go out in the field yet."

"One more exam?"

"Two."

"It's a mission." She says, mostly to herself as she shoves her hands deeper into her pockets, a small skip in her step as she follows him through the underground compound, looking around at the many agents, who like her are not qualified to go out into the field, so are working here, in this large underground bunker in the middle of nowhere. The field agents are arriving in a few days, they don't have to go through the hassle of setting up compounds like this.

"Dr. Selvig!"

Said doctor turns to watch the approaching duo, he furrows his brows at the younger girl walking beside Fury but says nothing as he wipes his hands on his trousers, "Director." He greets him with a simple nod of respect before letting his eyes drift back to Patrick.

"I want you to meet Agent Volkova, she'll be running things around here along with Hill for a while."

He reaches forward to shake her head, "Good to meet you, Miss Volkova."

"It's Agent," She corrects quickly, squeezing his hand a little tighter at the lack of acknowledging her title that she's worked hard for the past few years, "Don't forget it."