AVENGERS ASSEMBLE (1.8)

𓆩✪𓆪

New York

New York

"Andie, Andie, Pat-"

Patrick groans and sits up, she brings a hand to her pounding head as she stares up at Nat. "What's going on?"

Nat smiles and hovers her hand over her back as she sits upright, "You okay?"

"Hmm?" She looks up, she's back in the tower, lying over Tony's half destroyed sofa, "Yeah, I'm okay."

The place is destroyed, but she knows it's not over yet, there's still battles going on outside the window and the distant screams of terrified city goers.

"Where's Loki?"

Nat lifts a chin and she looks over to the God unconscious on the floor not too far away from her, "What happened to him?"

"You didn't do that?" Nat asks and Pstick shakes her head.

"No, he used the magic stick on me and then I passed out."

She pushes herself up and walks to the window, "We need to close that portal."

Nat grabs the sceptre and twirls it around in her hand, the other is held out for Patrick but she doesn't take it. She remains seated for a few more moments before forcing herself to stand.

Then she follows after the older redhead and watches the skyline of her home.

"I can close it. Can anybody copy? I can shut down the portal." Nat tells the others.

"Do it!"

"No, wait." Tony yells.

Patrick furrows her brows and exchanges a look with Nat, "Stark, these things are still coming."

"I gotta nuke," Tony explains, "It's gonna blow in less than a minute. And I know just where to put it."

Patrick shakes her head watching the figure of Iron Man fly through the city, "Tony, that's a one way journey. You're dead."

"Gee, thanks for the vote of confidence, kid."

"I'm not confident. You could die."

"Yeah, I was- never mind. Just, keep it open."

They watch as he flies higher, and higher, and higher. Until the red and gold suit has disappeared into the gaping black hole.

"Tony?"

Nat's eyes remain fixed on the sky, ignoring Patrick's eyes that bore into the side of her head.

Patrick rubs a hand down her face and shakes her head, all the Chitauri around them power down and drop to the floor now that their life source has been destroyed. "He did it." She sighs, a small smile on her face.