AVENGERS ASSEMBLE (1.7)

𓆩✪𓆪

Stark Tower, New York

Patrick groans as she lifts herself up, there's something hard under her and she slowly opens her eyes to a blinding light. Her head is throbbing, more so than usual and she lifts a hand to comb through her hair, pulling on it trying to release some of the tension in her head.

She looks around and notices she's in the Stark Tower, how did she get here? Did Tony find her and take her back? Did they win before it even began?

She pushes the blanket that has been laid carefully over her lap off of herself and stands slowly. She notices a figure standing in front of her, just a few steps away, he is facing away from her, looking out the long glass window above the New York skyline, his hands clasped behind his back as they look to be in deep thought.

She looks around but has no weapon, instead she slowly walks towards him, raising her fist she gets ready to hit him but he turns and catches her wrist right before it makes contact. "Is this some kind of Midgardian way of saying thank you?"

He walks her backwards, and with his height advantage and the angle that he holds her arm she struggles to keep her footing. She scoffs, "Thank you? You kidnapped me!"

She pushes him back and jumps forward but the dizziness comes back, Loki catches her with one arm before she falls and takes her back to the wall he had laid her in front of before.

"You were right."

She looks up at him as he crouches in front of her and lifts the same first aid kit she had used on him earlier that day, "I did need it again."

He fumbles with the first aid kit and she can see on his face he doesn't know what he's doing, she takes it from him and takes out the wipes she had used earlier but he snatches it back from her, "I can do it myself."

"Protocol?" She asks sarcastically, leaning her head back against the wall only for him to harshly turn her back to face him so he can see the wound better. He dabs the wipe against the cut on her forehead, wiping away the drop of blood down her eye and cheekbone.

"Maybe I care." He shrugs, looking away to throw the wipe into the box.

She shakes her head, "You don't."

"How can you be so sure?"

She blinks at him slowly, "You've kidnapped me, you tried to kill me like two days ago and you've always brainwashed my friend."

He hums in thought as he busies himself with the first aid kit not wanting to meet her eye. "Why haven't you killed me yet?" She questions watching him intently.

He watches her flinch away from him when he brings a band aid to her head, it's an R2-D2 one, a special one that Coulson bought just for her, "I'm not here to hurt you, Dove."