AVENGERS ASSEMBLE (1.4)

𓆩✪𓆪

CLASSIFIED

CLASSIFIED

Patrick rubs her face as she leans against the table in her temporary room; she looks around slightly before returning her gaze to the mirror. Her room has definitely changed over the years and so has she.

She has gone from a shy girl who flinched at every small movement and didn't know who she was to one of the top ranking Agents and now she doesn't even flinch with a gun pointed at her head and a finger squeezing the trigger.

She yawns and shakes her head as she pulls her hair back, putting half of it up on her head, Fury had told her to get some sleep.

Sleep. She laughs at the thought, the girl hasn't had a proper night of sleep since that day her father died.

She doesn't remember much before that night, sometimes when she closes her eyes she sees things surrounded in a purple glow as if the glow won't let her see what truly happened before that night. As if it's protecting her from something.

She can hear these voices, it's like they're underwater, trapped in the sea of her eyes. As she stares at herself in the mirror, watching the ongoing battle in her mind through her green eyes she grits her teeth.

There's a woman, she's blurry, all she can make out is long red hair, then there's a man, she's looking up at them from the woman's arms, who quickly hands her off to the man.

"Take her."

The woman leaves, disappearing from her view completely, suddenly the man's face comes into view, her father. Rick. He's saying something but she can't understand it, it's like there's something blocking the words from getting to her.

"Volkova."

She jumps looking up in the mirror to see Steve looking back at her, his arms folded as he leans against the doorframe of her room, "You're needed."

She nods, giving a quick smile before turning towards her desk, she grabs the water bottle sitting there along with her meds, a little note from Coulson that reads, 'don't forget again! :) -PC'

She smiles at the note, opening her draw and adding it to the very large collection of different coloured sticky notes all of the messages similar, the top few read:

'Ice cream tonight, my treat (only if you take your pills) -PC'

'Take your meds! You don't want Fury to be mad again -PC'

'Meds, meds, meds, meds -PC'

'First mission tomorrow, you don't want to be ill during it so take your medication. Good luck! -PC'

Throwing her head back as she swallows the two small pills she turns to the small wooden chair in the corner of her room and grabs her jacket, pulling it on as she walks out of the room, closing the door behind her and leading the way to where the others sit waiting.