KNJ- having a bad day and him being there for you when you need him the most

Today was what most people would call a very shitty day.

Everything was tumbling down on top of you, crumbling in your hands and breaking right by your feet. Just as you stepped through the front door of your apartment, you felt as if it was the last drop before your cup of water flowed over. 

Except, it wasn’t water flowing out of a cup. Instead, it was tears pressuring on behind your eyelids and blurring your vision to a point where you couldn't see a thing.

Your feet felt heavy as you kicked off your shoes, your coat didn't make it to a coat hanger and your purse landed on top of the coat on the floor. 

When you entered the living room, your favourite person looked up at you with a smile so bright that you felt really bad when it faltered again in a matter of seconds. 

After seeing him, your tears just started to fall more although you tried hard to control your emotions but you just couldn't stop.

Namjoom didn’t think twice about it as he got up from the couch, making his way to you in three long strides. Your bottom lip was quivering as he cupped your face softly. 

There was a deep, worried frown on his face and now you wanted to cry, even more, your heart was breaking at the sight of him feeling your pain as if he was the one having a shitty day.

"Bad day?" he asked, knowing you more than anyone, voice tender and comforting somehow. 

He smiled as you looked up at him, nodding as a tear escaped and rolled down your tear. His thumb quickly wiped it away and kept brushing over your cheek, touching it so softly and carefully because he knew exactly what you needed, and you’ll get it.

"C'mon," he said, hand dropping to intertwine with yours. You let him pull you along towards the couch, following his every move and before you knew it you're cuddled up in his arms, underneath a fuzzy blanket. 

He was hugging you tightly to his body, lips continuously pressing soft kisses to your forehead. "Just let it out, baby, I'm right here," he whispered, squeezing your entire body as an encouragement.

You closed your eyes, letting out a heavy sigh and that's all it took for the tears to finally fall. All of them, one by one, rolling down your cheeks. He stayed silent, letting you hide your face in the crook of his neck. 

His heart broke at the sound of your sobs but he knew that it would help if you just let it all out at once. He knew you would feel better, lighter and relieved after you've cried all the struggles away. not that they'll be gone forever but for now, they will.

"I love you so much."

His words were comforting, they brought warmth to your chest and your heart as you finally felt lighter in his embrace. There were no more tears, just damp lashes and slowly drying tears on his neck. 

He smiled to himself as he felt you sniffle lightly before kissing his neck a few times. It was the small gesture he needed to know that you were grateful for the simple, small things he does in times like this.

He was your comfort and he was your anchor, keeping you grounded and sane on days where everything felt like nothing will get better. He was right here to remind you that it's just a bad day, not a bad life and that things will get better with time. It just takes a bit of patience and strength.

"Everything will be fine," he said into the quietness of the living room, his hands rubbing up and down your back in comforting strokes,
"I promise."