020, on the bench

Mike ran towards Eleven, hugging her tightly. Reese's heart flustered at the scene. "Is that..." Max began, Lucas and Dustin nodding. "I never gave up on you." Mike told the girl. "I called you every night. Every night for—"

"353 days." Eleven finished, nodding happily. "I heard." She told him. Reese smiled, young love. So precious isn't it? "Why didn't you tell me you were there?" Mike asked her. "That you were okay?"

"Because I wouldn't let her." Hopper said, stepping forward. Reese look up at him. Well, this was certainly going to be interesting. "The hell is this? Where you been?" Hopper asked the girl, Mike stepping back slightly. "Where have you been?" She returned the question. He pulled her into a quick side hug, Mike looking at the two in shook.

"You've been hiding her." Mike breathed out. "You've been hiding her this whole time!" Mike said, pushing Hopper back. "Hey!" He said, grabbing the boy by the hem of his shirt. "Let's talk." He said. "Alone." The two went to another room.

Reese stepped forward, throwing her mop into the floor and giving the girl a quick hug. "I'm really glad you're back." She whispered and Eleven smiled at her as Lucas and Dustin now ran to the girl, embracing her. "We missed you." Lucas said. Reese walked back to Steve, the two making eye contact for a spilt second before quickly looking back to the scene. "I missed you, too."

"We talked about you pretty much every day." Dustin told her. They pulled back and Eleven's face dropped. She moved her hand to Dustin's mouth, revealing his teeth. "Teeth." She said, Dustin looking at her in confusion. "What?" He asked. "You have teeth." She said making Dustin smile at Lucas who smiled back at him. "Oh. Like these pearls?" He asked and purring at her, making Reese snicker quietly.

"Eleven?" Max asked, stepping forward. "Hey. Um, I'm Max." She said and held out her hand. "I've heard about you." She said. Eleven looked at her hand before pacing her, walking into Joyce's arms. Who, a while later, took her to Will.

When they walked out of the room everyone slowly walked towards them. "Do you think if we got you back there, that you could close it?" Joyce asked and pointed at the 'CLOSE GATE' sign.

..

After deciding the plan and the teams and Steve and Reese were chosen to be the babysitters. Honestly they had gotten used to it. Jane walked up to her daughter and gave her a quick hug. "Be save." Reese told here mother who nod. "You too." She said.

"Jane, c'mon!" Hopper yelled to the woman. "I'm serious, don't die." Reese repeated, looking at her mother with worried eyes."I won't, promise." She smiled at the girl and gave her one last kiss on the cheek before leaving.

Reese sighed and sat down on the couch. The others walked back in after another goodbye to Eleven. Reese quickly sat up, covering her worried face.

..

Dustin emptied the freezer. "It should fit now." He sighed and looked at Steve who held the demo-dog with a blanket. "Is this really necessary?" He asked. Reese sat down beside Max on the couch.

"Eleven will get used to you eventually." She said. Max sighed and shrugged. "I guess." She said. Reese looked at the red head as a silence fell. She quickly looked away, into Steve— and Dustin's direction.

"You got a thing for Steve?" Max asked her, curiously. Reese's head snapped to the redhead. "What? I don't know what you're talking about." She chuckled nervously. "You do!" Max smiled at her. Reese's eyes widen and she shook her head, quickly dropping her nervous smile. "I don't! We're... just friends." She sighed, sitting back. "We're... just friends." Max imitated the girl.