022, middle school dance

Reese sat inside her room, reading little woman. Since her mom basically forced her to. She hadn't slept much since the previous events, everything was just much. Her eyes slowly got heavier and heavier as she finally closed them.

  "Reese, phone for you!" Jane then yelled, making the girl shot up. Reese sighed and walked to her mother, taking the phone. "Hello, Reese here." She said tiredly. "Reese, hey." Max spoke from the other line. "Max, hey."

  "I uh, I have the snow ball tonight and I was wondering if you could like... Help me get ready?" Max mumbled. "It's okay if you don't want to!" She quickly added. Reese laughed still a bit tired. "I'll be there in a minute." She said. "Wait, what's your address?"

..

  "Ow!" Max cried out as Reese braided her hair. "You asked for this." She laughed at Max who sighed. "It's worth it, promise." Reese told Max who smiled lightly.

  "See?" She asked. Max shrugged. "Not what I would normally wear but it's fine." She said, running her finger through her hair.

  "Did you even want to wear this?" Reese asked her. Max sighed, looking at her mother. "My mom gave it to me. She told me to wear it." She mumbled. Reese shrugged. "You look good though." She smiled at Max in the mirror. "Thanks." Max said, turning to Reese. "For everything, actually."

..

  Reese drove to the school, stopping the car in front of it. "Lucas would be lucky to dance with you." She told Max who groaned, throwing her hands into her hair. "Don't worry! You look awesome. If he doesn't see that it's his lose."

  Max sighed. "I'm going in." She said, opening the car door. Reese also got out of the car, locking it as she walked over to a wall and leaned against it. She grabbed a light out of her pocket and a cigarette, lighting it. "Have fun!" She yelled after Max who waved at her.

  She sighed, leaning back onto the wall. What was she waiting for? She had no clue. She put out the cigarette. He isn't making a move anytime soon. Maybe he isn't even dropping Dustin off. She got into her car, grabbing her little woman book as she leaned back into her chair and opened it.

  She then heard a knock on her window, making her look up quickly. "Steve?" She asked, opening the car door. She closed her book and placed it in the back. "What are you doing here?" She asked, getting out of the car.

  "Dropping Dustin off, what about you?" He asked. Reese shrugged. "Dropping Max off." She smiled. Steve looked back at the school and then at Reese. "Wanna go somewhere? Just to wait pick the kids up?" He asked her.

  Reese laughed. "You sound like a dad." She told him, Steve smiling at her. "But, yeah. Sure."

..

  The two got out of Steve's car, sitting down on a bench. Reese sighed as she sat down a comfortable silence falling between the two. Reese looked in front of her, enjoying the view as Steve couldn't take his gaze off her.

  "What?" She laughed, making eye contact. Steve quickly looked in front of him. "Huh?" He asked, a small shade of pink covering his face. Reese's mouth dropped slightly. "Is that a blush, Steve Harrington?" She asked, laughing. Steve looked at her with widen eyes. "What? What are you talking about!" He asked, looking back at her.

  Reese smiled at him. "It's cute, honestly." She mumbled, immediately regretting it. "I mean—" She began, Steve laughing. "I mean not cute! Not that you're not— I mean I— god!" She groaned, her head falling onto her knees. Steve laughed at her. "Kill me." She cried out.