reuniting

He sat there for a long time trying to calm his nerves. His leg was bouncing up and down sitting anxiously.

Nathalie had started to wake up and looked to him and noticed he was nervous. She put her hand on his knee just looking at him.

He glanced to her and smiled brightly excited she was awake. "Nathalie!" He exclaimed happily.

"....y-yes sir?" She said a bit more timid. Gabriel turned and was about to hug her. She moved away taking her hand away covering her face. He stopped and put his hands down. He quieted down. "Hey I didn't mean to scare you...." He gently put his hand on her shoulder. She didn't look back yet.

He rubbed her shoulder and waited for her to calm down. She looked to him and moved her hand. Gabriel went to move some hair from her face and she closed her eyes and ducked her head down. He gently put his hand to her cheek and turned her head back up. "Hey... It's ok...I'm not going to hurt you"
She looked to him. "I-Im sorry...." His smiled dropped. "Don't be sorry. There's nothing to be sorry for" "it's my fault though.... I didn't mean it I'm sorry" she put her hand out to him with scars on her wrists. He was shocked and didn't know what she was doing. "Nathalie... What are you doing?" She kept her head away. "Cut me... I was bad..." He shook his head and held her hand. She prepared herself for a blade to hit her wrist but his hand just covered her wrist. "No Nathalie I'm not going to hurt you. You weren't bad. I scared you that's my fault." She looked to him and to her wrist. "But he said if I was bad he was going to cut me... I haven't been listening to you at all.... Just cut me it's fine" "no Nathalie I'm not going to cut you!" "B-but I deserve it" "stop it! You don't deserve any of this!!!" He raised his voice and she got flashes of Daniel yelling at her and hitting her. She turned away thinking she was gonna be hit. Gabriel sighed and held her close to his chest.

"You yelled at me.... I deserved that.... I know I did..." She shook a bit. "No Nathalie I... I didnt mean it." "It's ok... It's ok I deserved it..." He stroked her hair. "Nathalie do you know how much I worried about you?" She stayed quiet for a minute wondering if he would stab her or choke her when she wasn't paying attention. "I... N-no" he gently held her hand rubbing her knuckles "I worried every second...I worried weather they killed you and I would find you dead. I worried I wouldn't find you at all."

"....I'm no use to anyone now.... You can get a new assistant... I'm no good" she looked away. "Nathalie do you really think I only wanted you back to run my business??" "Yes.... That's all I was good for... I can't even help you with your wife..." A tear rolled down her cheek.

"Nathalie... No Nathalie your wrong... You helped me so so so much!!!" She couldn't look at him. "I'm tired... Can I sleep now?" She said hesitently not wanting to be yelled at. Gabriel had a flash back from before her abduction.

They were in his office when Gabriel asked.
"Nathalie do you wanna go take a nap? You look tired?" She shook her head and continued to work. She worked until she could barely keep her eyes open. Gabriel went over and held her shoulder. "Why don't you go take a nap in one of the guest rooms?" She shook her head. And looked to him. "Sir the moment I ask you to sleep... You should be worried" they both laughed it off at the time haveing no reason to worry at that time.

He finally let go of her and stood up again hiding his worry for her. "Of course... I leave you alone... Sleep well" he rubbed her shoulder and was about to leave. "D-do you have to go? I'm sorry if I upset you..." He looked to her. She looked so sad and small compared to her usual confident self. It made his heartache terribly.

"No I can stay." He smiled a bit "just as long as you sleep..." She nodded and laid down closing her eyes. He sat and texted gorilla that he needed to watch Adrien.

About 20 minutes later Adrien came bursting into the room. Gorilla followed behind him shrugging his shoulders. He must have figured it out and came to the hospital. Nathalie was startled awake. She looked around nervously. Gabriel quickly tried to calm her down. "Shh it's ok Nathalie go back to sleep.... Your ok!!" She relaxed A bit and fell into a light sleep. He looked to Adrien. "What are you doing here you should be at home!" He looked from Nathalie to Gabriel. "Father I had to see her I read gorillas text over his shoulder in the car don't blame him!!" "Go home now!" He shook his head "I missed her too you know! You can't be the only one you gets to be the only one to see her!" "Shh shhh!!!" He put a finger to his lips and tried to get him to be quiet as he watched Nathalie stir a bit.

Adrien looked to her and saw her looking like she was upset. "Father... Is she ok?" He looked to her and shook his head. "No..." He couldn't hide it from him when it was so obvious. "Are you going to fire her?" He turned to him shocked. "No why on earth would you think that!!" "Well... Your very strict and I thought you would I don't know get upset at her if she wasn't able to do what you asked her to... And you've been known to lash out sometimes..." He tensed up and looked to her. "I'm not fireing her... But she won't be working like she used to I don't want her to stress herself out... I care for her.... She's my friend..."

Adrien looked to Nathalie. "Can I go sit by her??" He nodded and walked him over to her. Adrien saw her and she looked like she was at peace and he smiled. "When will she come home?" "It will be a while.... Her health isn't good at all..." His smile dropped.
"She'll be ok... We have to be patient..."

After a bit Nathalie woke up. She saw Adrien sitting in the chair and unlike how shy she was with Gabriel. Adrien gave her relief. She sat up and hugged him. Adrien was shocked and looked to his father not wanting to hurt her. He nodded giving him a sign he could. He gently put his arms around her. "Hey Nathalie..." She didn't say anything she just didn't want to let go. "Nathalie...are you ok?" The boy asked kinda worried. She nodded. "...I'm sorry I didn't come back soon enough... I tried...I hope you aren't too upset... I was supposed to help you with school stuff... I'm sorry" he looked to Gabriel then to her. "It's ok! I had my friends help!" He tried to lighten the mood. "How have your grades been..." She tried not to be too upset Infront of him not wanting him to worry. "There good... My math is going up too!" She smiled. "I'm so proud of you..."

Adrien hugged her tighter and started to cry. She felt bad and rubbed his back. "I missed you alot... Nothing's the same when your not here!" She bit her lip catching Gabriel eyes with hers and she got nervous and looked away. She tried to comfort Adrien thinking in her mind if she didn't she would lose him and couldn't protect him. "I know... I know... It's ok now... I don't plan on leaving anytime soon..."

Gabriel stood watching them and couldn't help but smile. Adrien always brought a smile to her face and she needed his presence now more then ever.