Chapter Three: Entrance Exam

It's time for the UA entrance exam. I wonder what the test will be like? Like the Hunter Exam, will it test your smarts, physical abilities, and mental strength? Pfft, the UA entrance exam will be at least ten times easier than the Hunter Exam since they won't risk letting the kids die. The adults here do constantly baby and shelter the kids, after all. Phew, I made it. Huh, it's Izuku Midoriya. Killua thought.

"I made it in time." Izuku huffed.

"Move aside, Deku!" Bakugo demanded.

"Kacchan!" Izuku yelped.

"Get out of my way, or you're dead!" Bakugo demanded.

"H-hello. Let's do our best." Izuku said nervously.

"And you pale punk, I will surpass you!" Bakugo exclaimed.

"Will you? Don't be so sure, Kacchan!" Killua replied mockingly.

"Eh?! Don't you dare call me that! It's Bakugo to you! We'll settle this later! You won't weasel out of that!" Bakugo said.

"I guess we'll have to wait and see," Killua said with his cat-like grin as Bakugo walked away.

"Um, you know it's not a good idea to get on Kacchan's bad side. He's really powerful." Izuku mumbled.

"Don't worry about me; I can handle him," Killua said confidently. Izuku wobbled and tripped, but then a brown-haired girl used her quirk to make him float.

"Are you okay? It's my quirk. Sorry for stopping you, but you know it's a bad omen to trip and fall. The exam sure is nervewracking." the girl said while releasing her quirk.

"Ya... Uh... Um..." Izuku muttered.

"Good luck to both of us." the brown-haired girl said.

Izuku stood speechless. He and Killua entered the auditorium. Izuku sat between Bakugo and Killua.

 "Welcome to today's live performance! Everybody say 'Hey!'" Present Mic welcomed noisily. Only silence filled the room, and Present Mic continued, "Well, that's cool, my listeners! I'm here to present the guidelines for your practical exam! Are you ready?!"

"It's the Voice Hero: Present Mic. Wow!" Izuku muttered in awe.

"Shut up," Bakugo growled.

"This is how the test will go, my listeners! You'll be experiencing ten-minute-long faux cityscape maneuvers! Bring along whatever you want! After this presentation, you'll each head to your assigned testing location! Okay?" Present Mic voiced.

"That's to prevent kids from the same middle school from helping each other, right?" Bakugo deduced.

"That's why consecutive ID numbers are assigned to different locations," Izuku concluded.

"I'll crush them all. But you get to live another day. Tch." Bakugo said, making Izuku sweat drop.

"Each site is filled with three kinds of faux villains. Points are awarded for defeating each according to their difficulty levels! Use your quirks to disable these fake villains and earn points! That's your goal, listeners! But, of course, playing the antihero and attacking other examinees is prohibited!" Present Mic explained. 

Then, a boy wearing glasses raised his hand, asking, "May I ask a question?! This handout appears to have no fewer than four varieties of faux villains! If it is one, such a blatant error is highly unbecoming for UA, Japan's top academy! We're all here today hoping to become top heroes!" the boy asked.

"And you, with the curly hair! You've been muttering this whole time. It's distracting! If this is a game to you, please leave immediately!" the boy said while pointing at Izuku.

"Sorry." Izuku apologized quietly.

This guy looks like the stuffy play-by-the-rules type. Probably a private school pussy and an annoying goody-two-shoes. Ugh, I can't stand guys like him. Killua thought.

"Alright, alright. Examinee 7111, good catch. But the fourth fake villain variety gets you zero points! There's only one at each site! An obstacle that'll rampage around in close quarters!" Present Mic responded.

"Got it. So it's an obstacle to be avoided. Thank you, sir. I apologize for the interruption!" the glasses guy said.

"That's all from me! I'll leave my listeners with our school motto. Plus Ultra! Good luck, everyone!" Present Mic finished. Killua entered his assigned section, noticing the robots.

Huh. The challenge is robots. I'm disappointed. Most of these kids haven't experienced any combat or practiced fighting. Only those with flashy quirks will likely pass. It's an unfair test; those with potent mental quirks won't pass even with much untapped potential. I was wrong. The UA entrance exam isn't ten times easier than the Hunter Exam. It's at least a hundred times easier than the Hunter Exam. I wouldn't want to stand out too much, so I guess I won't score too many points. Killua thought.

While Killua fought, he aimed for particular points on the robots to search for their weak points. Finally, he discovered the villain bots' weak points and attacked them. As a result, Killua destroyed ten robots of the different varieties, excluding the zero pointer, earning thirty points. Then he saw an indigo-haired boy running from a zero pointer and dived before him, kicking the zero pointer back. Next, Killua climbed on the back of the zero pointer, smashed his hand through it, and pulled out wires, and with that, it fell. The indigo-haired boy scowled at Killua angrily and stomped away.

Signaling the end of the UA entrance exam, Present Mic announced, "The entrance exam is now over!"

Hmm, now it's over. I think I got enough points to pass. I've completed the first step of my plan to return to my world. Killua thought.

With that, Killua returned to his apartment. A week later, Killua received a letter with the words UA High School. He opened the letter, and Killua saw the scruffy, homeless-looking man who chased after him on a screen.

"Killua Zoldyck, you passed the UA entrance exam with thirty villain points. In addition, you earned fifteen rescue points for saving Hitoshi Shinso, making forty-five points in total. You passed the written exam as well. Welcome to UA High School's hero course, but just because you passed the entrance exam doesn't mean you'll get to relax. So you better give it your all." Eraserhead said.

Eraserhead, we'll have to see about that. It's a matter of how challenging UA will be. After participating in the entrance exam, I doubt I'll have to "give it my all." If you become my teacher, it would be pretty unfortunate because you're one of the few people who could learn that I don't have a quirk; after all, you can't erase Nen with a quirk. UA high school, here I come. It's funny. I'm an ex-assassin, and now I'm trying to be a hero. Killua thought.