Chapter Twelve: The Tournament Part Two

Timeskip

"It's time for the last round of the quarter-finals! It's the girl who got into the Hero Course from recommendations with a handy creation quirk, Momo Yaoyorozu, versus the strongest electricity quirk user from the Hero Course who isn't above pulling a dirty trick or two, Killua Zoldyck!" Present Mic announced.

I worked with Killua-san during the Battle Trial. He's going to be a formidable opponent. Killua-san is quick on his feet and still packs a strong punch, and to top it all off, he's a good strategist. But I'll still give it my all to defeat him. Momo gazed warily at Killua.

So I'm up against Momo, huh? She's definitely weaker than Itsuka. That, combined with her passivity, will make this an easy win. Killua thought confidently.

Killua-san will likely start with his electricity attack from his last match. I'll create a laser. It'll take a lot out of me, but it'll be worth it. Then I'll use it too-- Momo thought.

"Final match begins!" Present Mic interrupted Momo's musings. Killua struck at Momo with Lightning Palm, giving her no time to dodge, and shoved her out of the bounds.

Ugh, this will take a while for me to recover from. In the meantime, I better work on the laser before Killua-san knocks me out of bounds. Momo thought.

"Yaoyorozu is out of bounds! Zoldyck moves on to the semi-finals!" Midnight declared.

I've been kicked out of bounds already?! I can't believe I've lost so early on. I was so powerless against Killua-san. I couldn't do a thing at all to stop him. He won in a single attack. But ... I did my best, and that's what matters, right? I suppose I'll just have to improve. Momo thought, shocked.

"Zoldyck completely overpowered Yaoyorozu! It looks like Zoldyck is even stronger than he showed in his previous battle! After a short break, we'll be moving on to the semi-finals! I hope you're as excited as I am!" Present Mic commented. Both competitors exited the stadium.

The brat overwhelmed Ponytail so quickly! He'd better not pull anything like that when we fight. Bakugo glared at Killua from the stands.

Killua walked to Hitoshi's waiting room. He knocked on the door, and Hitoshi opened it.

"You're going to fight Bakugo soon, right?" Killua asked.

"Yeah," Hitoshi said.

"How are you feeling about it?" Killua questioned.

"Pretty confident. I know my strategy." Hitoshi replied.

"Gotcha. How's Yuka doing?" Killua said.

"Yuka's fine. She's been enjoying the new dog food I bought her the other day." Hitoshi said.

"Good for her," Killua said. A few minutes later, it was finally time for Hitoshi's match.

"I guess it's my turn to fight. Wish me luck." Hitoshi said while walking to the stadium.

"I would, but you don't need it. I have faith you'll win, Hitoshi." Killua said. "Now go out there and show Bakugo and everyone else what you're made of."

"I will," Hitoshi responded, smiling. Killua walked to the stands as Hitoshi took his place on the stage.

"It's time for the first match of the semi-finals! Both of these students have already displayed impressive performances. It's Bakugo versus Shinso!" Present Mic stated.

Well, extra, your time has come. I'll show you that small fry like you belong in General Studies. Bakugo thought.

Uncharacteristically, Bakugo didn't attack but waited for Shinso to make the first move. So he did.