Chapter Fifteen: Investigation and Disguise

Hitoshi and Izuku waited for the train. The pair stood in an awkward silence until the train arrived. Then they got onto the train. Hitoshi and Izuku sat next to each other.

"Hey, who are you interning with? I'm interning with Gran Torino." Izuku asked.

"I'm interning with Aizawa-Sensei," Hitoshi answered.

"Cool! So you'll be learning some underground hero work, huh?" Izuku said.

"Yeah," Hitoshi said.

"So, have you seen Spiderman Across the Spider-Verse?" Izuku asked.

"Yeah, it was great," Hitoshi said. "It's a shame Spider Noir, Spider-Ham, and Peni didn't get many lines."

"I was disappointed about that, too. I really liked Peni. Hopefully, she'll be more fleshed out in the next movie." Izuku said.

"Though, it was cool to see more Spider-people. Hobie was just well cool." Hitoshi said.

"And his powers were exciting, too! I wonder how durable his guitar is? It was strong enough to break that barrier. Hmmm." Izuku pondered and started mumbling.

"Uhh, hello? Earth to Midoriya?" Hitoshi snapped his fingers.

"Oh, sorry!" Izuku apologized.

"It's fine. Who's your favorite Spiderverse character? Mine is definitely Noir." Hitoshi said. "He's a cool antihero who is the most empathetic of the Spider gang and has some of the best lines in the first movie."

"I like Peter B. best. It was inspiring how he was initially sad and broken, but by the end, he started rebuilding his life and fought like a true hero. Because Spider-Man always gets back up no matter how many hits he takes." Izuku said.

"I agree," Hitoshi said. Then he looked at the train's next destination.

"Kofu City is the next stop," Hitoshi stated.

"Before we go to our internships, want to exchange phone numbers?" Izuku asked.

"Sure." Hitoshi agreed, and they gave each other their phone numbers. Hitoshi checked his phone. Aizawa-Sensei said he would be coming in five minutes and to wait at the bus stop. After five minutes, Aizawa arrived, armed with a large suitcase.

"I'll take you to my apartment," Aizawa said. Hitoshi nodded in response, and they walked. Aizawa checked in with the landlady and led Hitoshi to his room. Right when Hitoshi entered the room, he cringed. The walls were a disgusting shade of sewage green, and paint flakes scattered on the ground. The paint was peeling off the walls. The floorboards were a coffee brown with many stains and creaked whenever Hitoshi stepped on them. The bed was a small, flimsy thing made of old, rusted metal. There was a gray closet in the corner, covered in cobwebs. Altogether, the room was a dusty, musty, putrid dump.

Aizawa must have sensed Hitoshi's disgust as he said, "I know this place isn't the most glamorous or comfortable, but while you're interning with me, it will be your home. Let this be a lesson: when you're a pro hero, you can't always afford to live in relaxing places. This especially applies to underground heroes." Then he started unpacking his suitcase. Hitoshi unpacked his suitcase as well. When they finished unpacking, Aizawa pulled a makeup kit and face masks from the closet.

"What're those for?" Hitoshi asked.

"Disguise. A crucial part of being an underground hero is going on undercover missions. Infiltrating gangs, villain groups, etc., are all a part of that. Today, I'll teach you the basics of disguising yourself." Aizawa said. "When disguising yourself, you don't need to alter your look too much. Using contacts to hide your real eye color and dying hair can be enough if you can sell the act." Aizawa took out hair dye from the makeup kit and contacts. There were hair dye bottles and contacts in many arrays of colors.