Chapter Eight: Reveal and Meeting

Killua walked into the classroom and went to his seat.

And then the glasses loudmouth ordered, "Everyone! Morning homeroom is going to begin! To your seats!"

Killua internally laughed at the irony of him telling them to sit down when he was the only one standing up.

Which the tape guy just pointed out a few seconds later.

Then, Aizawa appeared covered with bandages, which caused most of his class to exclaim in shock, "You're back already, Aizawa Sensei?! What a pro!"

"Good to see you better, Sensei!" Ida said.

"If you call that better." The brown-haired girl muttered.

"My welfare isn't essential. Your fight isn't over yet." Aizawa replied.

"Our fight?" Bakugo asked.

"You mean more villains?" Izuku continued.

"UA's Sports Festival will begin soon!" Aizawa announces.

"That's so ordinary! We're actually doing a normal school event!" Most of Class 1A said.

"We only had a villain attack a few days ago. So, should we really be having the Sports Festival now?" An indigo-haired girl asked.

"It's necessary. To show UA's crisis management protocols are solid throughout the event. That's the thinking, apparently. Security will be increased to five times that of past years. Anyway, the Sports Festival is a great opportunity you'll get. The Sports Festival is one of Japan's biggest events. In place of the Olympics, the world's former Sports Festival in Japan, its replacement is the UA Sports Festival! Japan's top heroes will be watching it, making the Sports Festival a great time to be scouted." Aizawa explained.

"They'll be looking to hire us as their sidekicks after graduation!" Denki said.

"And most of those sidekicks never manage to go solo. They stay sidekicks forever. You'll end up like that, Kaminari, since you're a dunce." The indigo-haired girl said.

Which led to Denki revulsing in shock at her harsh comment.

Thanks, Indigo-haired girl; now I can stop thinking of him as 'the blond guy who doesn't pretend to be French' in my head. That is if I remember his name. It was Calamari, right. But, no, I think that's wrong. Kamikari? Kaminari. Yeah, I think that's it. Killua thought.

"Naturally, you'll gain experience and popularity if you're picked by top heroes. Show the pros your skill, which will pave your path to being a hero. This event happens once a year, giving you three chances. None of you can miss this event!" Aizawa exclaimed.

The Sports Festival could be my chance. If I'm scouted by top heroes, I could eventually become one of the top heroes and gain information. So, in the Sports Festival, I should match the skill set of Todoroki and Bakugo. I need to be in at least the top four for my plan. Killua thought. When Killua left the classroom, he felt a hand on his shoulder and looked up at Aizawa's bandaged face.

"Zoldyck, Principal Nezu has requested you meet him in his office," Aizawa said.

Could it be he recognized me as the boy who arrived at UA that day? Or is it... Killua contemplated.

"Zoldyck, I'll show you to his office," Aizawa said.

As he guided Killua to Nezu's office, Aizawa thought about Killua. Killua Zoldyck. There's something off about you. Nezu requesting your presence practically confirms you're suspicious. You presented yourself as average during the Entrance Exam and Quirk Apprehension Test. Still, from what I watched during the Battle Trial, you showed analytical skills and planning. Could you be showing an average performance on purpose to keep a low profile? I wonder whether it could be you were the boy I was following that day. If it turns out you are, then I might have a potential villain in my class. Could you be a spy for the League of Villains? I hope not. It would be a tragedy for someone so young to be a villain. I'm sure Nezu will take care of this, though.