Chapter Fourteen: Hero Names

It had been a few hours since the Sports Festival. Hitoshi was doing his math homework in his room. After he finished his last question, Hitoshi checked his email and saw a new email from UA. The email said

Dear Hitoshi Shinso, congratulations. UA has decided to transfer you to the Hero Course after your performance at the Sports Festival if you are willing. Please reply soon.

From,

Shota Aizawa, UA staff.

Hitoshi pumped his fist in the air and cheered. He did it! He had actually done it! He had gotten into the Hero Course at last. Then, Hitoshi typed up a reply. Afterward, he went to bed.

The Next Day...

Hitoshi woke up and got ready for school. Then he walked to school with Killua. Hitoshi hummed while he strolled.

"What's got you in such a good mood?" Killua asked.

"You won't believe what happened!" Hitoshi exclaimed.

"You finally got Yuka to eat your dad's mystery meat? You had a secret identical twin and never told me? Midnight has decided to start dressing modestly, thereby destroying the dreams of many teens in puberty?" Killua asked.

"Could you take this seriously?" Hitoshi sighed.

"Sure. You checked your grades and discovered you got all As?" Killua guessed.

"I wish, but something just as wonderful happened. I got into the Hero Course! "Hitoshi said.

"Wow, that's great, Hitoshi!" Killua said and slapped him on the back.

"I know." Hitoshi smiled. "By the way, what did you do to your uniform?" Killua had cropped his jacket sleeves, and his jacket was disheveled artfully. His pants were shorter, and his tie and buttons were missing. A pair of red and blue headphones hung around his neck. He wore a corded necklace with a strange card looped through it. Killua grinned. Blackmailing on the principal did have its perks.

"Just modified it a little. The regular uniform didn't really mesh with my style. Plus, it was just bleh." Killua explained.

"Huh, I thought it was against the rules," Hitoshi commented.

"It is, but the teachers don't care," Killua said.

"Well then, could you help me alter my uniform after school?" Hitoshi requested.

"Sure," Killua said.

They crossed the UA gates. Hitoshi entered the 1A classroom for the first time. Hitoshi hung around Killua's desk. The sun was shining, the air conditioning was refreshing, the desks were gleaming, and all felt right in the world to Hitoshi. That is until Tenya Ida showed up. The bespectacled boy marched up to Killua, his face red.

"What have you done to your uniform? That is the sacred UA uniform passed down from generation to generation! The uniform, All Might himself wore! And yet you stand here without any shame after having desecrated it!" Tenya said.

"If anything, I improved the hideous uniform. The designers had no sense of style. Who mixes red, gray, and sea green together in one outfit?" Killua retorted.

"Regardless of your opinion, you have still disrespected the renowned legacy of UA! I must demand you change back to your original uniform at once!" Tenya demanded. Killua popped his headphones on and listened to music, leaving Hitoshi to deal with Tenya.

"And what are you doing here? You are from General Studies, are you not? You ought to go to your classroom before you're late! And do persuade Zoldyck to wear the UA uniform properly." Tenya demanded.