Chapter Ten: Cavalry Battle

"There's more suffering for those at the top! And Izuku Midoriya is assigned ten million points for taking first place in the Obstacle Course! The match will be fifteen minutes long. Each team's points will be decided by its members. The rider will wear a headband displaying the total number of points. Until the match ends, you'll compete to steal each other's points while keeping the ones you have. Any headbands you grab must be worn around the neck or higher. But the more headbands you have, the harder they will be to manage.

Most importantly, even if your headband is taken and your formation is broken, it isn't over 'til it's over!" Midnight continued explaining. All eyes were on Izuku with a predatory look.

Then, the students chattered about strategy amongst themselves.

"Quirks are allowed, so it'll be a brutal fight, but it's still a cavalry battle. Attack a different team to make them fall, and you'll get a red card, meaning you're out of the game. You have fifteen minutes to form your teams." Midnight described.

Unlucky for Bakugo. I'm sure he wants to thrash Izuku more than ever since his humiliating defeat in the Obstacle Course. Killua thought after seeing Bakugo's disappointed face.

"Hitoshi, you can be the rider. I'll be the horse. Everyone will be fixated on the ten million points, so here's what we'll do..." Killua whispered into Hitoshi's ear.

"So what's you've been scheming, Killua-Sensei," Hitoshi said.

"You're accusing your sensei of dastardly scheming after he came up with a plan just for his prized pupil?!" Killua asked, mock wounded.

"I'm sorry, Killua-Sensei, but the truth is I can't help but see you as one of those evil anime villains," Hitoshi said, playing along with Killua's game.

"How will I ever recover from my student's betrayal?!" Killua pondered dramatically.

"I'm sorry, Killua-Sensei, but you had to know. So now, are you done with your theatrics?" Hitoshi asked.

"Come on, let me have my fun." Killua pouted.

"People are looking." Hitoshi hissed, and indeed, several observers were attracted by Killua's melodramatics.

"So?" Killua asked, unfazed.

"They're going to take us for fools!" Hitoshi whispered.

"Why does that matter? If they underestimate us, it's to our advantage. It's better that your opponent doesn't know your strength and underestimates you, making it easier to beat them in battle." Killua explained.

"Okay," Hitoshi said, mollified.

"Picked your teams? Formed your plans? Too bad if you haven't! Let's go! The countdown to the battle royal! Three! Two! One!" Present Mic shouted.

"Start!" Midnight said, signaling the beginning of the cavalry battle. Immediately afterward, teams gunned for Team Midoriya. However, Team Shinso still had yet to make its move.

"It's only been two minutes, but the battlefield is already so chaotic! Everyone is trying to steal headbands, and the ten million points aren't the only high-ranking headbands!" Present Mic commented. Team Shinso sneakily purloined headbands from teams trying to steal the ten million points while they were distracted. Meanwhile, Izuku's latest challenger, Bakugo, attempted to take the ten million points.

"The first-place team and its relentless pursuers are nothing to scoff at! So, let's take a look at the current point spread. How are the teams doing after seven minutes of battling?" Present Mic said and then looked at the scoreboards in surprise.

Team Midoriya was in first place with 10,000,325 points. Team Monoma was in second with 1,350 points. Team Tetsutesu was in third with 1,125 points. Team Kendo was in fourth with 685 points. Team Todoroki was in fifth with 615 points. Team Shinso was in sixth with 505 points.