The Shadow War Part 1

Magica now free from her prison in Scrooge's Number One Dime and having taken Lena back as her shadow, unleashes millions of energy blast that strikes everyone in Duckburg, thus causing their shadows to come to life. They give the people a big scare and the city goes into panic as they fly away.

Officer Cabrera is arresting Gabby McStabberson for a crime but just as she does that their shadows fly away too much to their shock.

Magica forces Scrooge to watch. Though he's trapped he can still move his eyes and he's horrified with what he's witnessing. Magica surrounds herself in a force field and floats through Duckburg drawing in all the shadows.

Magica: Come to me my shadow puppets.

Gladstone walks by the pier in a good mood and spots a $20 bill.

Gladstone: Hey, $20!

Just as he bends to pick it up his shadow rises. His good luck saves him again as his shadow gives the $20 dollar note with a smile and salutes him before taking off.

All the Shadows keep flying towards Magica who's creating a swirling shadow vortex.

At Disney Castle, Mickey, Minnie and Goofy were in the screening room. Mickey and Minnie were sat on the couch and Goofy was standing behind, leaning on the back. Since there weren't any duties they were wearing casual clothing.

Mickey was wearing a red T-shirt, yellow shorts and brown shoes with black tips and black soles. (1)

Minnie is wearing a pink sweater, a dark purple vest over the sweater, blue skirt, a blue bow smaller than her signature pink one and dark purple heeled boots. (1)

Goofy is wearing an orange sweater above a white shirt, white toon gloves, a blue bowtie with red polka dots, his signature green marrowbone-like fedora, brown trousers and long brown shoes.

They watch Roxanne Featherly give the latest news on Duckburg and what they're seeing was something they were not expecting. There was destruction all around the news reporter, cars were crashing and shadows were emerging.

Roxanne: This is Roxanne Featherly with an important news update. Literally seconds ago a massive explosion emerged from McDuck Manor which then turned into a swirling shadow vortex. Earlier reports believed it to be merely one of Scrooge McDuck's dangerous artefacts unleashed by accident but after taking a closer look at the vortex the source has been identified as something entirely different.

The camera zooms in to show Magica floating and controlling the vortex. The moment they see her Mickey, Goofy and Minnie gasp in unbridled shock and horror to recognise the Shadow Queen Mickey banished 20 years ago. Their blood runs cold and they keep becoming more terrified the longer they watch and listen.

Roxanne: The source of the vortex has been revealed to be none other than the sorceress of the Dark Shadows, Magica De Spell who was said to have disappeared 15 years ago after her last battle with the McDuck family in Mt. Vesuvius. And now every shadows of the citizens of Duckburg are coming to life to either wreak havoc or head towards the vortex, making it larger. The biggest question is, how did Magica return? Can she be stopped? Is there anybody who can stop? Or is Duckburg doomed? Roxanne steps back in fear when she sees her own shadow come to life next to her. I'm Roxanne Featherly and my shadow has just come to life. Back to you Carl!

She gasps in panic when her shadow takes the microphone before punching the camera screen. Now the screen had gone fuzzy and Mickey, Minnie and Goofy were looking to each other in fear and horror. If Magica has come back it means trouble for not only Duckburg but also the entire world.