Chapter 13

“Nice throw Terra!” Carol said. I smiled as i went to the makeshift target to grab my small throwing knives. A few of us kids were in the woods practicing. There wasn't very many of us because we actually weren't suposed to be doing this. But Carol believed we should know how ot protect ourselves so we hide in the woods and she teaches us. I went back to the line and continued throwing knives at the target, hitting it every time. My dad had taught be before the apocalypse how to throw knives. Just as i was about to throw my last knife i saw something move out of the corner of my eye and turned to see what it was. It looked like a person, but it could be a walker. I took a few steps forward and it burst out of the woods, heading straight for one of the other kids. Carol tried to shoot it but her gun jammed. I lifted my knife and aimed for the head. I threw the knife just as the walker grabbed the kid and it stabbed right into the walkers head. The walker fell dead to the ground. “Nice throw” Carol said as she walked over to make sure it was dead. A branch snapped behind and we all spun around and i grabbed a knife off the ground and got ready to throw it. But it was only Rick. “What is going on here?” he exclaimed. He was the one against Carol training us. No one said anything. “Carol this better not be what i think it is” he said angrily. Carol didn't reply. “Everyone back to camp. Now” Rick ordered. I walked to the tree where all my knives were and grabbed them and then the one from the walkers head. “You shouldn't have those” Rick said, pointing to the knives. “ i had them before i came here. So i don't care.”  I replied. Rick was about to say something when another walker burst out of the trees. I didn't hesitate and threw a knife right into its head before Rick could even raise his gun. “We should probably go. Before more come.” i said, retrieving my knife. Rick looked stunned. “See what i mean Rick?” Carol said and started following the others back to camp. Rick still had a stunned look. “Or you could stay out here and die.” i said and followed Carol. I heard Rick following. Once we got back to camp there was a bunch of people waiting at the gate and most of them looked pretty mad. Glenn walked over to me “What were you thinking?!” he exclaimed. “I was thinking i want to be able to survive if i get separated. So were all of us. Carols right you know. Without her most of us would die in seconds if we got separated.” i said and walked away. As i was walking to the building i heard Glenn talking to Rick “She does have a point” he said. I didn't hear Ricks reply. I went to the cell i shared with Glenn and quickly packed my small amount of stuff. I wasn't gonna stay here. Not with the governors army getting closer every day. I waited till it was dark and grabbed my bag, knives, gun, and bow. I snuck outside and over to the only part of the fence that didn't have barb wire on top. Which was right by the gate where the guard was. I slowly climbed the fence hoping no one would see me. I was almost at the top when i heard someone behind me asked “And where do you think your going?” It was so quiet that the person scared me. My foot slipped and i ended up falling off the fence. I groaned and got up. Seeing the person was Daryl i just turned around and started climbing the fence again. “Going out for a midnight stroll?” Daryl asked sarcastically. “Im leaving” i replied. “Why?” he asked. “because im not going to hide here and just wait for the governor to come kill us all.” i replied. “they aren't going to kill anyone. You heard the plan.” he said. “Ya i heard the plan but the plan isn't going to work. We have 35 people and only 18 of those people even know how to shoot a gun.” i said. “Well the governors army isn't much bigger.” he replied. “Ya its much bigger.” i replied then realized i probably shouldn't have said that. “How do you know?” he asked suspiciously. I stopped climbing and tried to figure out what to say. “Terra what are you not telling us?” Daryl demanded. I sighed and climbed back down the fence. “a few days ago i snuck out and found the governors camp” i said. “And you didn't tell anyone?!” He exclaimed. “I tried!” i said im my defence. “But Rick wouldn't listen he just kept yelling at me about leaving camp so i gave up on telling him.” Daryl looked pretty mad. “Well you should have told someone else!” He said “I know.” i said. “Well com on. Your going to tell Shane if Rick wont listen.” Daryl said. “No im leaving.” i replied, heading back to the fence. “Terra seriously come on.” he sighed. “No” i said, starting to climb the fence. He grabbed me and pulled me off the fence, carrying me to the building. “Daryl stop it!” i said, struggling. “Either you walk or i carry you. Your choice.” he said. “Fine ill walk” i said. He set me down and i followed him to the main building. “If they still wont leave then im leaving.”  said, “Shane!” Daryl called once we got inside. “ya?” he replied. “Come here for a sec” he said. Shane walked over to us. “Something wrong?” he asked. Daryl looked at me. I sighed “A few days ago when i had snuck out of camp i found the goveners camp. And his army is huge” I told him. “Why didn't you tell anyone?” he asked. “I did.  But Rick wouldn't listen.” i said. “Ill be right back.” Shane said and walked over to Rick. I couldn't hear what he was saying but he looked really mad. “There i told him. Can i leave now?”  i said to Daryl. “Terra you cant leave” he replied. “And who's gonna stop me?” i said and took off out the door. “Terra!” i heard Daryl calling. I looked back and saw h he was following me along with Carol. “Dang it” i muttered. They were gaining on me. I made it to the fence and started climbing I made it to the top by the time they had reached the fence. “Terra stop now!” Carol yelled. He started climbing the fence after me. I climbed over and started climbing down the other side. “Terra stop!” Daryl said as he climbed over the top. I jumped down and started running but Daryl had already got to the ground. I tried to outrun him but he caught up to me in a matter of seconds. He grabbed my arms and turned me around “What are you trying to do?” he demanded. I tried to pull away from him but he wouldn't let go. I kept struggling. “Terra stop and come inside now” he said. I stopped struggling slowly. “Come inside” he said again. He slowly let go of my arms. “ sorry” i said and ran into the trees. “Terra!” He yelled. I kept running till i could barely breathe. I hid behind a tree and looked around to make sure no one was following me. They didn't understand. I had to do this so they would live. 

Thx for reading!