Chapter 18

Song: Prayer Of The Refugee by Rise Against

Glenn POV

"Any sign of them?" Carl asked me as i walked through the door of the mangled prison. I shook my head. We had been searching for the missing members of our group for a week now. Terra, Judith and Maggie. I just hoped they were together at least. "Glenn, Carl, I think we need to call the search off. I don't think they surv-" Daryl said but I cut him off. "Do not even say it." i said glaring at him. "Sorry" Daryl mumbled and went back to cleaning his knife. "Im going to bed." I heard Carl say as he walked out of the room. I decided to go to bed too and went to my cell. I flopped on my bed, looking at the bed above me. She couldn't be dead. I hoped that her, Judith and Maggie were all together and making there way back here. I was just about asleep when i heard Daryl yell "Guys Terras back!"

Terras POV

"Run! Get out of here!" Cathy shouted to Jessica and I. I started to run but Jessica didn't move. I ran back to her and Grabbed her arm. "We need to go!" I yelled at her. "I can't leave my parents!" She said back. "They are bit! They are going to die and come back as walkers! Stay and so will you!" I yelled at her. I dragged her along with me, one hand holding Judith and one hand holding Jessicas arm. Once we were far enough away i stopped, catching my breath. "What are we gonna do now?" Jessica asked me. "Find somewhere safe." i replied, walking into the trees more. Its only been 4 days since i met Jessica and her family but now most of them are gone.

"Cant we stop now?" Jessica whined, snapping me out of my thoughts. For an 8 year old she was pretty oblivious to the fact we could be eaten. "Do you want to get eaten?" i asked. "Well no" she replied. "then we need to find shelter." i said. She sighed and followed me. I was carrying Judith who was asleep and my arms where getting tired but i had to find somewhere safe. It was starting to get dark when i saw a large fence in the distance. "Hey look" i said, pointing to the fence. "Maybe theres a building" Jessica said. We started walking closer and soon could see a large building. I stopped. It was the prison. I smiled slightly and started walking faster, hoping they would be here. We made it around to where there was a break in the fence. The governor really did a number to this place. "This is where my group was. The one i got split up from." i told Jessica. "Are they still here?"She asked, sounding hopeful. " I hope so" i replied. We walked to the door and i slowly opened it and was greeted with about 5 guns pointed at me. I noticed it was all my group. "That anyway to welcome a friend?" I said sarcastically.