02

Over the next couple of days, Harry had came to know of Yaser cutting him off, and honestly his reaction was neutral, it was as if he was expecting it.

So he went job hunting, he did have to provide for himself, his daughter and his unborn baby after all. It was time to be independent!

Though he had qualifications, he lacked the experience in almost everything required to be hired and the employers always made a fuss about it.

So he settled for something simple, working at 'Sweet Tooth', a bakery and ice-cream parlour not too far from where he lived which didn't require any experience and not much work was required from him which would be perfect because of his situation.

Luckily he got to start right away since the help was needed immediately which was good since he could start to earn cash immediately.

But since it was also summer vacation and Kaylee was out of school, he had to think of where to put her.

For the first few days she came to work with him and played in the park across the street, he'd check on her often and then she'd sit quietly at one of the seats in the sitting/dining area of the parlour.

But after his first paycheck, he managed to wound up enough cash to get Kaylee a babysitter who luckily didn't charge him too much. He'd drop her off at the babysitter's place on a morning and pick her up late on evenings because he sometimes took extra shifts.

He didn't make a lot of money but he made enough to keep the roof over their heads and food in their tummies. So you'll think everything was moving smoothly by, but no it wasn't.

Harry's health was deteriorating, his mental, physical and emotional health. He was so numb to everything he didn't seem to notice his physical health rapidly going downhill.

Until one day his body just couldn't handle the stress and everything, he fainted at work and his co-worker called the ambulance.

Where he was rushed to the hospital, when he did wake up, he just layed there still and silently stared at the wall as if it was the most interesting thing.

"Mr. Styles, you awake?" One of the doctors called out upon entering the room but he kept quiet. The doctor walked towards him where they realised he was infact awake.

"Mr. Styles I need to speak to you." He didn't answer, seemed to be entranced with the wall.

She walked towards him and touched his shoulder, he flinched upon contact and then glanced at her. "Mr. Styles I'm Dr. Benny, I need to speak to you."

He nodded and sat up on the bed and sighed.

"Mr. Styles-"

"Please call me Harry." He croaked out and then cleared his parched throat. He reached out to grabbed the glass of water on the bed side table but same time a striking crippling pain shot through his tummy causing him to gasp in shock.

"Mr. Styles are you okay?" She asked rushing to his side.

He groaned and then fainted, collapsing on the bed. She quickly pressed the red button by his bed, alerting all the other doctors. They rushed in and immediately started work on him.

~fast forward to a few hours later~

He work up to the beeping of machiens around him and to a blinding white light which felt as if it was directed to his eyes which intensified the headache he felt was coming on.

He groaned a bit and attempted in sitting up but someone grabbed his hand, "Take it easy, no rush." A gentle calm voice said.

He opened his eyes and was met with a petite young girl staring back at him. She smiled and introduced herself. "Hi, I'm Lacy Branagan, I'm a med student and I was told to stay with you. I have to go call the main doctors would you be alright if I left you here for a moment?"

She asked but didn't recieved an answer, he just stared at her, she smiled and went to go get the doctors non the less.

"Mr. Styles, finally awake I see." The familar voice said, it being Dr. Benny.

He frowed and sat up on the bed and that when he realised he had an oxygen tubes attached to him, he tried taking it out but Dr. Benny stopped him.

"I'm sorry but you can't do that yet Mr. Styles, your breathing isn't all that good and that's really helping keep you and your baby alive at this moment."

He shrugged as if he didn't care, she sighed. "As I was saying earlier before you passed out, I needed to speak to you. Mr. Styles, you are really sick and we're gonna have to keep you here for a while." He shrugged that was fine with him.

He looked down at all the tubes that was attached to his frail hands.

When he found his voice, he asked, "What are all these tubes for?"

"Oh, one is for the drips as you can see, something you have to stay on. One's for your medication and one's for the nutrition supplements that are given to you regularly in the place of food."

He nodded. "Mr. Styles, you have a severe case of malnutrition and you were very lucky, you came in time other wise your baby won't have made it. Though he or she may or may not be born with several birth defects. Earlier when you passed out, your baby was in distress and it was taking a toll on your body since it's in a fragile state. I observed through your files, you have asthma, it's the reason we had to put you on the breathing tube, your air passages kept closing in on you." She explained.

He nodded, "It happened before with my previous pregnancy. I have no idea why but my asthma worsens during pregnacy." She nodded.

"Mr. Styles, I'm sorry but we are gonna have to keep you for maybe two days or more to see how everything is working out but your apitite and eating habits got to pick up other wise you can lose your baby. He or she is really tiny compare to the normal size of a two month old baby. Your baby is way under developed. Dr. Garcia, our ObGyn here prescribed some supplement shots which will boost your baby better and help him or her to develop at a normal rate. Are there any questions you'd like to ask?"

He shook his head. "Okay, you'll have someone monitoring you 24/7, for now you have Lacy till her shift's over. Until then just ask her for anythimg you need and she'll assist you but try to rest." She said and walked out of his room.

Lacy looked at him and smiled, she haven't met anyone like him before and he fasinated her.

He cleared his throat and asked, "Can you hand me my bag please I'd like to get my phone to make a call." She nodded and got up from the seat near him to go retreive it.

He called Kaylee's babysitter who was beyond furious since he hadn't came to get her yesterday afternoon like he was supposed to and usually does.

He tried explaining the situation but she didn't want to hear any reasoning, she dropped Kaylee off at the hospital with all her things and quit.

He was frustrated but kept it all inside and just smiled at his daughter.

Super long and boring I know and I'm sorry.😔🤷‍♀️