« one »

"You can't miss someone who isn't real."

That was what Taeyong was told all the time. He tried explaining to his friends about his feelings whenever they asked, but they didn't understand him. They would shrug it off or say that he wasn't getting enough sleep lately. Although he would agree that his sleep schedule was non-existent, he still wished they would try understanding him and what he was saying. Alas, his friends, Johnny and Taeil, never listened.

They merely shoved a cookie in his mouth and patted his head.

"Get a good night's sleep and then see how you're feeling, ok child?" Johnny would say with a laugh.

"Maybe he's sugar-derived," jokingly suggested Taeil as he fed the youngest a cookie.

"As if that's going to work. I'm not five anymore."

.

.

.

.

.

⊱ ────── ≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫ ────── ⊰

.

.

.

.

.

It felt like someone had dropped him in the middle of the ocean, surrounded by raging rolling waves with no boat, no way to escape. He was stuck there with his thoughts and no way to escape. There was no escaping this endless pit of missing someone, and he soon found himself being drowned by the waves as he sunk deeper and deeper into the vast ocean.

He had no one to help him be free, no one to control the raging storm of loneliness in his heart, no one to share his feelings. Despite not having found his special someone, Taeyong found it strange how his heart clenched, ached and longed for someone. It felt like there was a hole in him. It felt like his life had gone from colours to hues of grey. It felt like a piece of his heart was missing.

Who could this person possibly be when Taeyong doesn't know it himself?

From the moment he stepped inside his house, he felt a cold gush of air overtake him as he continued with his activities, the silence of the house permeating. He started regretting living alone, but he didn't want to bother anyone with his intrusive thoughts and decided he would suffocate with the unloving feeling of his home.

"Can I even call it my home at this point?"

He would spend most of his days in his room doing the work he received from his professors at university. Other than that, he would water his plants and look after his fish in their fish tank, their googly eyes staring back with stoic expressions. Before Taeyong moved in alone in a different city away from his family, he knew it would be difficult, but he never comprehended how isolated he would feel.

Without realizing it, he sunk into a state of emotional loneliness as he battled the painful feeling in his heart. Even if he tried socializing or finding dates, he always had his heavy feeling sitting atop his chest that wouldn't leave him alone.

At that point, he was ready to suffer in that state forever and accept his fate.

.

.

.

.

.

"That's when you came into my life."