« three »

When Taeyong told himself that Doyoung was going to be his imaginary friend, he was telling himself a lie. At first, he'd have small dreams or scenes play on his head, where he and Doyoung would do fun things together. However, after some time, he noticed how the things he dreamt of weren't things normal friends did with each other.

Since when was carrying one another bridal style a friendly gesture? How about the back hugs where Doyoung cradled his waist? Let's not get started on the never-ending dreams he had of Doyoung peppering him with kisses. After imagining something so harmless, Taeyong's heart would beat loudly as he felt his cheeks flush rosy-red. All his senses would tingle as the warm thought of Doyoung kissing him invaded his mind.

Taeyong wasn't dumb. He knew that he managed to fall in love with a non-existent being, and he hated it.

"For once I wish I was clueless about my feelings. This is so stupid. Taeyong, how the fuck did you fall in love with Doyoung in less than a month?" he scolded himself.

.

.

.

.

.

⊱ ────── ≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫ ────── ⊰

.

.

.

.

.

After arriving home from university, he decided to hop in the shower before settling down on his bed, texting Johnny and Taeil in their group chat. It was mainly the older two bickerings, but Taeyong didn't mind as he giggled at their messages. The duvet kept him warm as he coiled it around himself, covering his whole body, only his arms and head stuck out. Later on, he received a private text, which he quickly checked out.

"Goddamn it, I have to get ready for work," mumbled Taeyong to himself. He texted his friends that he was leaving and got out of his warm duvet cocoon, feeling cold straight after. He stood in front of his closet, picking what to wear.

After missing work once again, Taeyong had to work a little later than the rest. He groaned as he re-read the text and got ready to leave for his job at the local bookstore. Despite most people using their phones, it surprised Taeyong to see how many people still entered the store to buy books along with stationery, magazines, or albums from the back. Despite disliking the need to interact with other people, the job was enjoyable since most customers were polite and sometimes conversed with him.

Autumn air bit at his skin and nipped at his clothes as he walked along the barren streets. His hair danced in the wind. Clutching onto his side bag, he headed into the bookstore, where the warmth of the store greeted him. Taking off his trench coat, he placed it behind the chair at the till and fixed his turtleneck before helping out customers and scanning items they bought.

Although Taeyong's mom and dad had money and were willing to pay for Taeyong's apartment or any necessities, the male decided to at least work a bit instead of leaving everything to them. Besides, it was a way of communicating and developing socializing skills, so he didn't mind working. Taeyong sat at the front desk with a new novel he found as he read through it. Not many customers arrived that day, which gave Taeyong some time to think about Doyoung.