« nine »

"I swear there's something wrong with this kid. Look at the way he's acting," pointed out Taeil.

It was obvious something was wrong with Taeyong. When he arrived at the university campus to meet with his friends, his charmingly sweet smile was absent. His random bursts of energy vanished and all that was left was the shell of Taeyong's bubbly personality. Eye bags decorated his face, and he didn't bother trying to hide them. His disinterested eyes gazed over at his surroundings before staring off into space, not hearing what his friends were saying. He was currently sitting in front of Taeil and Johnny with a pencil in hand, staring blankly at the empty page in his sketchbook. He wasn't even looking at the sheet but zoned out as he intently stared at the university building.

"Taeyong, are you even alive at this point?" questioned Johnny as he snapped his fingers in front of the male, making him snap his head towards the elder.

"I'm still breathing, so I think I'm alive. Just not sleeping enough." Rubbing his eyes, he let out a yawn and stretched his arms.

"We're really worried about you. Please speak to us." Taeil's hand reached out to caress Taeyong's forearm as his eyes stared deeply at the male. Waving his free hand, Taeyong dismissed what he said.

"Hyung, don't worry. Everything is ok. Uni work is just time taking and being an annoying bitch, nothing else," he reassured the elders, forcing a small on his lips.

"Taeyong," Johnny spoke sternly, giving him a look

"What?"

Letting out an exasperated sigh, he swept his hair back in frustration. When Taeyong started being stubborn, it was difficult to make him talk. "Stop lying. Just tell us the truth. It's so obvious that something is bothering you and you're hiding things from us."

As a result of not sleeping enough and being stubborn, he also lost his patience quite quickly. "I said I'm fine, is it that hard to understand?" he snapped at them. "Even if there was something wrong, you wouldn't get it."

"Taeyong-"

"I'm not in the mood to hear anything. I'm just going to my literature lesson early." Before the two could retort, Taeyong already slung his bag over his shoulder and walked off into the building, not sparing them a glance.

Walking with his head down, he felt guilt creeping to him for being surly with his friends and snarling at them, but he couldn't help it. What would he even tell them? They wouldn't take him seriously if he revealed what the true issue was.

"I started feeling extremely overwhelmed by loneliness and lack of love that I created an imaginary friend. I managed to fall in love with him to the point I draw us together and write scenarios of stuff I'd want to do with him. And now here I am, crying over someone who isn't real."

Taeyong scoffed at himself for sounding ridiculously delusional. His friends would drop him the second he would utter anything to them.

"I'll just stay quiet and deal with it on my own."

Upon entering his class, Taeyong realised he was extremely early since not even the professor was there. Despite all the free seats, he decided to climb up the stairs and settle on the penultimate seat of the last row in the lecture hall. The good thing about the class was that despite its size, there weren't too many students, so he'd probably be the only one at the back. Another thing was that the room was well lit all around, so he could look out of the window whilst being blessed by the gentle sunlight peeking through.