« eleven »

As dew-freckled leaves decorated the windowsill, Taeyong sat at the sofa, watching as dark clouds loomed over the sky that had continued with its shower. The air was damp and heavy, and he felt strangely tranquil after sitting there and observing the rain. He'd carefully listened to the continuous drumming noise that came with the occasional harsher sound of a droplet of water landing on a surface. He inspected the way the water landed on the glass before making its painfully slow journey to the bottom of the window. The thought of rain made him feel calm, and he had the sudden desire to be completely drenched in rain once again.

The harsh weather had toned down and the rain was a simmer, barely visible at first glance. With nothing better to do, he decided to heave himself off the sofa and grab a jacket, along with his keys and phone. Shoving on his shoes, he left the house without seconds thoughts.

The rain began to fall, but he turned his face up to it with the insouciant joy of someone who didn't mind forgetting an umbrella. Gentle spitting of rain became harsher as thick droplets splashed onto his face. Taeyong didn't care that he was drenched. He enjoyed the sensation of the rain hitting him, his fingers going cold and numb to the point they would hurt and burn. All other sounds were drowned out by the sounds of nature.

Such a gloomy day felt unusually relaxing. Although he could feel a headache building up, Taeyong ignored the pain and stayed out until his whole body was shivering and his hair became a few shades darker due to being soaked in water. Starting his lonely walk back home, the headache pushed through and attacked him, making him groan.

.

.

.

.

.

⊱ ────── ≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫ ────── ⊰

.

.

.

.

.

Upon further reflection, Taeyong was hit with a train of reality; he had gone delusional. His little comfort hobby of writing little scenarios had gone overboard. At first, he'd write the scenes once in a while, but it became so addictive, he always had more to write. Within the last few months, he'd managed to surpass a hundred short passages dedicated to himself and Doyoung. He was well aware he should stop, but was he going to? Absolutely not.

So there he was, picking up his favourite pen and favourite notebook to do something that would leave him hurting afterwards.

.

──────

Scenario #127: Look After You

His smile immediately turned into a concerned look as his footsteps rushed towards Taeyong, who had exited the study room. Aside from his cheeks being incredibly flushed, he looked unusually tired, and he was visibly shivering. He hastily removed his coat and swept his hair back, letting out a groan as he rubbed his temples. Doyoung's hands reached up to cup the elder's face, only to be shocked at how warm he was.