Chapter 1

Here is the sequel to Substitute Father! I hope you guys will love this book as much as you loved the other one! Let me know what you think in the comments!

P.S: This will probably be a short chapter since it's only the first.

Baby cries filled the bedroom, and I immediately groaned, burying my face in Ross' chest. "Your turn." I muttered, my voice raspy from sleep.

"I got her last time." He muttered back. "It's your turn."

Olivia's cries grew louder, and I let out another groan, pushing myself off Ross to climb out of bed. "Lazy ass." I grumbled, walking out of our room and entering our daughters. I reached down into her crib and gently lifted her up. She immediately rested her head in the crook of my neck, her thumb in her mouth. "What's wrong, baby girl? Not tired, huh?"

I glanced at the clock on the wall and saw that it was a little past seven. "Do you want to say good morning to daddy?" I kissed her cheek as I strolled out of the room and walked back into ours. Ross was fast asleep, his arm laid across his face. His mouth was open, and soft snores were escaping.

Even asleep he was incredibly sexy.

"Wake up, daddy." I cooed, crawling into bed next to my fiance. I gently placed Olivia in the middle of us, her tiny hand grasping my finger.

Ross stirred, his eyes fluttering open. The second he shifted to his side and caught sight of Olivia, he smiled. "Hey there, Gummy Bear." He leaned forward and kissed her cheek, then proceeded to tickle her tummy, causing her to giggle.

"We need to get ready soon." I informed Ross. "As much as I'd love to stay here all day, Rydel would kick our ass. Pregnant or not."

He groaned and climbed out of bed, grabbing Olivia in the process. He peppered her face with kisses, and I smiled at the sight. Watching the two of them was the most precious thing, and I could watch them all day if possible.

"Why are we going over there anyway?" He called from Olivia's room.

Not wanting to yell so early in the morning, I followed him, sitting down in the rocking chair in the corner of the room. He was changing Olivia into a navy blue romper with white polka dots all over. Even though it was April, it was pretty hot in LA.

"No reason." I answered as he handed Olivia to me. I placed her in my lap and she leaned back against my chest. "She invited everyone over for a barbecue, but we're going early to help set up. Well, you and Ellington are gonna set up. Rydel and I are gonna be playing with this cutie." I grabbed Olivia's hands and waved them in the air.

He chuckled and kissed my forehead. "You do realize that with us there early, Rydel will be forcing us to talk about the wedding."

As much as I wanted to deny it, he was right. Ever since we got engaged, Rydel had been hounding us for us to choose a wedding date, a venue, flowers, and every other wedding detail imaginable. Much to her dismay, we hadn't even chosen a wedding date, and every time we talked to her, she would bring that up. I wanted to marry Ross, but I wasn't sure when the right time would be. We were both busy with school, work, and raising Olivia, that the wedding was the least of our concern.

Rydel didn't like that at all.

"She just wants us to get married already." I told him. "I want that too, but I'm not in any rush. I want our hectic lives to simmer down a bit before we start planning the wedding."

He knelt down in front of me and grabbed one of my hands. "What if we didn't have a wedding? What if we just went to the courthouse and got married?"

I honestly had no clue if he was joking or not. "I can't tell if you're serious."

"I'm serious, Sky." He pulled me to my feet and took Olivia from me, placing her head in the crook of his neck. "Planning a wedding will only stress you out, which will stress me out. We're already stressed as it is with work and school, and I don't want to stress you out even more. If we got married at the courthouse, then we wouldn't have to worry about any wedding plans."

I bit my lip. "I don't know, Ross. What would your family think? I mean, your parents had a wedding, Rydel and Ellington had a wedding. What would they think if we didn't?"

"Who cares what they think," He raised his voice a bit, causing Olivia to whimper. He sighed and started rubbing her back. "Sky, this is about us, okay? Not my parents, not my sister, no one but us. If you don't want to have a wedding, then we won't. If you do, then we will. I just want you to be happy, Sky."

I rose on my tippy toes and gave him a brief kiss, not caring that both of us had morning breath. "I am happy, Ross. I'm so incredibly happy with you and our daughter that I don't care if we have a wedding or not. I just don't want to upset anyone with not having a wedding." It would break my heart if Ross' family who had become my own were disappointed in us for not having a wedding.

He shook his head gently and swiped his thumb across my bottom lip. "They will understand if we don't get married in a church, or a wedding at all. All they will care about is that we're happy."

I closed my eyes and rested my head on his chest as I replayed his words over in my head. Planning a wedding would mean more stress, and having too much stress could affect my health. Getting married in a courthouse would be so simple, so easy. But was that what I truly wanted. I always dreamed about having a beautiful wedding, my father walking me down the aisle in a big church. My father walking me down the aisle was no longer possible, but the wedding still was.

"I want a wedding." I murmured softly, tilting my head to look up at him. "I know it will be a bit stressful, but I can handle it. I want all our friends and family to watch us get married, and I want my parents watching us from above. I want a wedding, Ross."

"Then you'll get a wedding, Sky." He promised, pecking my lips. "But let's not tell Rydel that we thought about not having one. She might kill us."

~*~

"Did Riker tell you that he's bringing over his new girlfriend?" Rydel asked me, sipping on her lemonade as we lounged on the couch.

I shook my head, glancing down at Olivia to make sure no milk was dripping down her chin. "I've never even met her. All I know is that her name's Lauren."

Rydel nodded and rubbed her baby bump. "I've met her a couple of times. She's really nice and they look good together. I have some friends from work coming, so maybe I can them up with Rocky and Ryland."

"Playing matchmaker?" I teased. She laughed and nodded. I looked outside and laughed just as Ross slipped on the grass, a frown forming on his face. He crossed his arms over his chest and pouted like a child. "He's such a goofball."

"A goofball you're in love with." She commented.

I couldn't deny that.

"Someone was hungry." I smiled down at my daughter and set the empty bottle on the table. I placed her on my shoulder and gently patted her back.

"I can't get over at how adorable and cute she is." Rydel gushed, taking one of Olivia's feet in her hands. "She also rarely cries."

I couldn't help but scoff. "Sleepover and see how untrue that is."

She laughed.

The backdoor opened and Ellington and Ross walked in. "Everything's set up. But I think Ross needs some ice for his butt." Ellington said, sending a look towards Ross.

My fiance rolled his eyes. "Hilarious." He stood behind the couch and kissed the top of Olivia's head.

"You guys are so adorable I could cry." Rydel said. "Seriously, I'm actually tearing up.

The three of us shared a knowing glance as we all thought the same thing.

Hormones.

How was the first chapter? It was a filler, but I didn't want the drama starting from the very beginning. Vote and comment! And how do you like the cover? This was my first real edit and I'm actually proud of it!