Chapter 2

Wow, the response I got for the first chapter was incredible! You guys are so amazing!

The barbecue was in full swing, and I was actually surprised at the amount of people that came. I hadn't realized Rydel invited so many people. But the amount of people here didn't stop anyone from having fun. There was some music playing out in the backyard, and the food and drinks were in the kitchen.

And that was why I was inside, my mouth currently full of pasta. Ellington was manning the grill outside, but I was too hungry to wait for the delicious burgers and hot dogs I craved.                 

"That's a sexy look." 

Ross stepped forward, a smirk on his face. Olivia was in his arms, and her head was buried in his chest, her thumb in her mouth. 

"I'm hungry. Sue me." I said once I swallowed. "Give me my little munchkin." I held my arms out, and Ross gently placed her in my arms. Olivia buried her head in my chest and let out a soft whimper. 

"Someone's tired." He commented, threading his fingers through Olivia's hair. "Maybe we should go home so she can take her nap." 

I shook my head and dropped a kiss on Olivia's forehead. "We can stay a little longer. I'll just go upstairs and let Olivia sleep. Besides, I could use a nap, too." Between work for class and waking up multiple times a night, my body was exhausted. 

He nodded and kissed Olivia's forehead. "Get some sleep, princess." He then proceeded to kiss my forehead. "You too, Sky."

"Don't party too hard." I joked, slipping past him to head upstairs. I heard him laugh as I descended up the steps, and the noise from the party began to lower. I walked into the guest bedroom that Rydel and Ellington had and carefully laid down on the bed, Olivia still on my chest. I gently ran my fingers up and down her back, humming a lullaby she loved. 

A few minutes passed and Olivia was fast asleep, much to delight. As much as I wanted to just watch her while she slept, my eyes were already drooping. But just as I was about to close my eyes, my phone vibrated in my pocket. I placed my hand on Olivia's back and slowly pulled my phone out. I looked at the number, and even though that number was in my contact, I knew exactly who it was. 

Ben

We need to talk. The text read. 

I quietly scoffed and set my phone next to me on the bed. Why the hell would he want to talk to me? Especially after he threw me to the curb when I told him I was pregnant. 

"Don't think about him. He's not worth it." I muttered under my breath. I let out a breath and closed my eyes, pushing aside the thoughts of my ex and letting my body completely relax. I was out in a matter of minutes.

~*~

"Sky, wake up." I heard Ross murmur in my ear. I could feel his hot breath, sending shivers down my spine.

My eyes fluttered open and I let out a yawn, covering my mouth with my hand. I glanced down at my chest to see that Olivia was gone, but I quickly noticed that Ross was holding her. Her eyes were wide open, and she had her fingers in her mouth, smiling a toothless smile. 

"How long was I out?" I asked, sitting up. I was still a bit tired, but not as much as I was before.

"About two hours." He replied. "I checked on you a while ago, but you were completely out. Olivia was awake, so she's been with me for the past hour." Upon hearing her name, Olivia let out a small giggle, causing me to laugh and kiss her cheek.

"By the way, you have a ton of texts." He added, nodding towards my phone.

My heart rate increased as I reached for my phone and glanced at the texts I received. I already knew who it was, and I really didn't want Ross finding out. Ben had sent me seven more texts, all the same as the first.