Chapter 14

We passed 30 votes! You guys are so amazing! And it would mean a lot if you guys checked out my new book! It's called Unexpected, and I think you'll really like it. 

Ross POV

I slammed my beer bottle down on the countertop and flagged down the bartender, asking for another one. Once a new bottle was placed in front of me, I gulped down half the liquid, relishing in the bitter taste as it slid down my throat. 

Skylar's words continued to echo in my hand like a song stuck on repeat. It felt like my heart was being repeatedly stabbed. I tightened my grip on the bottle and my jaw clenched in anger. I brought the glass up to my mouth and downed the rest of my beer. 

So many emotions were flooding through my system, and my mind felt like it was a bundled mess. I wasn't sure if it was because of the alcohol I had been consuming, but I knew it was due to the situation we were currently in. Not knowing whether our baby was alive or dead was beginning to drive us crazy. 

But in Skylar's eyes, she was already dead. That's what really killed me; she already believed Olivia was dead. I gritted my teeth so hard I was afraid that they'd begin to crack. 

I heard someone sit down beside to me, but didn't bother to look. I just continued to hold the bottle in my hand, not caring if it broke. 

"Drinking isn't going to solve anything." 

My head snapped up, and I was greeted with a glare from Riker, a scowl on his face. "What do you want?" I questioned, not bothering to hide the anger. 

It didn't faze him. "I want to know why you stormed out of your apartment and decided to come to a bar. Drinking is not going to do you any good."

"I don't give a fuck." I spat. 

Riker shook his head, letting a sigh escape. "What happened between you and Sky? She's at Rydel and Ellington's, crying her eyes out." 

I wanted to say I felt bad for making her cry, but I didn't. She believed that our daughter was dead, and I couldn't forget that. 

I looked at my brother, my face void of any emotion. "She thinks Olivia's dead. She doesn't believe that our daughter is alive. So right now, I don't really give a crap that she's crying." I took a swig of my beer that the bartender delivered. He could probably sense that I needed it. And I definitely did. 

He shook his head, his eyes clouding over. He called over the bartender and asked for a coke, which he downed as soon as it was delivered. "I get that you're upset, but acting bitter towards her isn't going to do you any good. You're married, Ross. You guys need each other at a time like this." He paused and bit his lips in thought. "Rocky and I are worried about her. She told us something, a-and leaving her alone is probably the worst thing to do right now." 

"She's with Rydel and Ellington, so she's not alone." 

"Okay, stop being a fucking dick and listen to me." He snapped. "I'm not joking, Ross. None of this is funny, so stop being a douche and just listen." He paused to take a breath, and clenched his fists. "She told us that she's thought about committing suicide." 

My entire body froze, and I almost dropped the bottle in shock. I stared at my brother, praying that I misheard him, but all he did was nod. I couldn't believe what he told me. No matter how angry I was with Skylar, I didn't want her even thinking about suicide. Losing her would be like ripping out my heart, and I wouldn't be able to handle that pain. I was barely holding it together without Olivia in my arms. 

"She's suffering just as much as you are." Riker continued, noticing my inability to speak. "I'm seriously worried that she's gonna do something if she's ever alone. So be angry with her, but don't push her away. I don't think she'll be able to take it."