Chapter 8

Should I give you guys another cute chapter without any Ben drama? I think I should! And there might be a little time skip. But only a month.

A sigh of relief escaped my lips and I felt my entire body relax. We were done. We were actually done planning the wedding, and we still had two more months. Since it wasn't going to be a huge wedding, and it wasn't going to be fancy like others, we were able to plan everything out early.

I had never been so happy to be done with something.

"Now we wait." Ross declared, a smile on his face. "Just two more months and I'll be able to call you Mrs. Lynch."

My heart instantly began to pound and butterflies erupted in my stomach. "I can't wait." I leaned over and pecked his lips softly.

Olivia, who was sitting between us clapped her hands together and started giggling. I smiled as Ross laughed and picked her up, causing her to giggle even more. "Are you excited, Olivia? Mommy and Daddy are getting married."

"Dada!"

My body froze, and I looked at Ross who had Olivia mid-air, his eyes wide. "D-did she-did-talk-" I made no sense as I talked, but could you blame me?

My daughter just talked!

"She said dada." Ross whispered, his voice filled with awe. "Oh, my God, she said dada." He slowly lowered her form and placed her on his lap.

"She did." I confirmed, happy tears springing to my eyes. "Can you say mama, Liv? Huh?"

"Dada!" She slapped her hands on Ross' thigh, and he kissed her head. I noticed the layer of tears in his eyes, but didn't say anything. I knew he was happy and emotional at this moment.

"She's growing up way too fast." He commented quietly, resting his chin on her head. "She'll be one next month. She can't turn one, not yet."

"I know, it's crazy." I inched closer to Ross and squished into his side, stroking Olivia's face with the back of my hand. She looked at me and smiled, her two bottom teeth showing. "Stop growing up so fast, baby."

She made a gurgling noise and crawled onto the other side of the couch. Sensing that she wanted to get down, I picked her up and set her down in front of her toys that were in the living room. She immediately began to play, all her attention on her toys.

I made myself comfortable on Ross' lap, my back against his chest. "Now I know why my parents cried when I turned thirteen." I murmured. Ross wrapped his arms around my stomach, lacing our fingers together. "The day she becomes a teenager will be the day I lose my mind."

"And when she starts dating, you might as well lock me in the closet. I will not be able to handle that."

"Yeah, you'll probably scare off all her boyfriends."

He laughed. "Well, if none of them are good for her, then yeah, I will. I want her to find a guy that will treat her right. Not one that will play her like a fiddle."

"Hopefully she'll find a guy like you, Ross. You're the sweetest and most caring guy I have ever met. And I'm not just saying that because you've been my best friend my entire life. I'm saying it because it's the truth."

I closed my eyes in content when I felt his lips on my temple. "And hopefully when our son that we haven't had yet grows up, he'll find a girl like you. You've made me the happiest man alive, and I can only hope that it'll happen for him."

The thought of having a son brought a smile to my face, and I could only imagine that Ross had the same smile.

"How long do you want to wait before we start trying for that boy?" I turned myself in his lap and wrapped my arms around his neck. My fingers tangled themselves in his blonde locks, the locks that I could play with all day.