𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞. the other saltzman

Caroline Forbes held the crying baby in her arms, before Alaric Saltzman finally approached her

Caroline Forbes held the crying baby in her arms, before Alaric Saltzman finally approached her. "Is it done?" The Forbes asked quickly as Alaric nodded, looking relieved. "Kai is trapped in the prison world, he won't be causing us or the girls anymore problems."

The Forbes tried to settle the baby, Kai Parker's baby. They had taken her away from him. "What happens to Mazikeen?" Caroline asked, as that was the name Kai and his knocked up witch had named her.

Alaric peered down at the blonde baby. She was only a baby... she didn't deserve to be labeled a psychopath just because she was the daughter of two completely insane.

He wanted to give her a chance.

"We raise her, with Lizzie and Josie." Alaric said, as Caroline rocked Mazikeen to sleep. "They'll be triplets and no one will know a thing." He added. Caroline smiled down at the baby, "Mazikeen Saltzman... I like it." She decided.

❤︎

Hayley Marshall walked with Alaric and Molly Hale, watching as seven year old Hope Marshall mingled with the students. She was talking to Mazikeen, Jade Hale and Jesse Hale, and had a large smile on her face.

"So Jade and Jesse... are your kids?" Hayley asked Molly, a little confused. Molly gave a nod, "Yep. I adopted them both, and gave them my surname." She explained, with a smile. She loved talking about her two kids.

"I'm assuming they're supernatural?" The Marshall asked. Molly nodded, "Yeah, they're both werewolves." She explained, watching as her adoptive children were talking to Hope and Maze, as Jade was signing the conversation with her hands for Jesse to understand, as he is deaf.

"And Maze.. is the same as Lizzie and Josie?" Hayley asked now, as Alaric nodded. "Yep. She's a siphon witch." He explained.

Suddenly, Hope raced over to her mother, as Maze, Jade and Jesse waved to their new friend. The Mikealson, going by Marshall at the school, had a light pink on her cheeks.

"What's that look for?" Hayley asked, with a smirk. Hope grew flustered, causing Molly to giggle. "Maze is pretty..." Hope confessed, taking the trio by surprise. Hope had never really shown interest in anybody like she had Mazikeen, so this was new to all of them.

"But... There's something wrong with Mazikeen." Hope admitted suddenly. Alaric and Molly share a worried glance, before Molly looked to Hope. "What do you mean, sweetheart?" She asked, sounding concerned. Hope looked up to Molly. "Her magic... it's different." She states.

❤︎

Mazikeen was now thirteen, and she had thrown her bully, Bianca Harris across the school corridor using her magic. Bianca had been tormenting Maze since she first got to the school a year ago, and Mazikeen was over it.

Molly had noticed that Maze's eyes had darkened over as she did this, and right away Alaric took Maze elsewhere to calm her down and talk to her.

The older Saltzman was heading back to his office, when Molly pulled him aside. His back was pressed against the wall, as Molly glared at him. Alaric noticed the small amount of space between them and grinned, "Hey, at least take me to dinner first."

"Shut up!" Molly hissed, before she quickly looked around. Worried that others may hear their conversation, Molly dragged Alaric into his office.

"What is going on with Mazikeen?" The Hale asked harshly. "What are you talking about?" Alaric responded, playing dumb. "Ric. I have known you for twenty years. I know you're playing dumb right now." The brunette insisted.

Alaric's face fell, "Bianca started all of that." He insisted, as he was going to sit Bianca down and talk to her. "Perhaps, but with the way Maze retaliated, she could have killed her." Molly responded.

The Hale woman had been a huge help with the school, along with Emma and Dorian. She was practically the headmistress along with Caroline. It was her duty to keep her students safe.

"Fine. But you have to promise me that you won't tell a soul." Alaric decided, feeling reluctant as he hadn't told anybody. Molly nodded quickly, and Alaric inhaled. "Maze isn't a Saltzman. She's a Parker."

Molly's eyes widened, "As in.. Kai Parker??" She quickly asked. Alaric nodded, "Caroline and I decided to raise her as a Saltzman, so she has no idea. But... it's clear that she has some of her father's issues."

Molly nodded, "Thank you for being honest with me." She responded. "And now that I know that, I can help Maze with trying to keep her anger in check." She declared, as she was practically like a second mother to the Saltzman girls.

Alaric nodded, "Thank you. I mean it. I'm sure if we monitor her actions, everything will be okay." He insisted. Molly nodded, agreeing, though she felt like Mazikeen was definitely going to keep them on their toes.