𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞. stars are landmarks of the universe

Caroline had flown back to Mystic Falls as fast as she could

Caroline had flown back to Mystic Falls as fast as she could. Currently, the Forbes was in Alaric's office with Alaric, as the pair were fighting.

Outside the office sat Landon, Jesse, Ari, Lizzie, Josie, Rafael and Ari.

"You were supposed to break this news to her, and get her help for her mental health!" Caroline yelled, "I was spending all my time trying to find a solution for the merge, all I asked is that you considered our third daughter!" She added.

"Maze isn't our actual daughter, Caroline." Alaric snapped back, "When I look at her, all I can see is a combination of the man and woman who killed my wife!" He yelled back.

Caroline scoffed in response, "That's unfair. Maze isn't responsible for any of that!" She snapped. "The entire reason we raised her with Lizzie and Josie was so she had a chance to grow up and be different than her parents. By alienating her and neglecting her, you've only caused her to act like a Parker. So all of this.... It's on you, Alaric."

"I put a roof over her head! She should be grateful!" Alaric defended himself, as Caroline's blood boiled. "To be a parent, you have to do much more than that!"

Molly walked towards the office, but stopped as she faced the students. "You guys shouldn't be eavesdropping." She eyed them with a wary look. "We're hardly eavesdropping, they're yelling for everyone to hear." Lizzie spoke sarcastically. Molly couldn't argue that.

Landon got to his feet, as did Jesse. Their hands were interwoven.

"I'm going to see Maze." Landon said, as Jesse nodded to agree. "Okay." Molly responded, wanting to see the Parker girl, but she knew that if she were to be conscious, that she wouldn't be stable... and seeing her second mother— who she completely siphoned from during a fit of rage— might make her upset and regretful. Molly didn't want that, she knew that Maze would be battling with enough demons right now.

Landon and Jesse walked down to the cellar, where they found Maze still asleep in a cell. "She's been out for days..." Landon sighed, signing to the Hale whose face fell.

Mazikeen had been completely exhausted by her outburst, and once being sedated, she'd been unconscious for quite a while.

"Can we sit and wait for her to wake up?" Jesse asked, signing with his hands as Landon nodded. "I think Maze would like that... she's going to be so freaked out when she wakes up." Landon confessed, before he glanced at the unconscious blonde with an expression of sympathy.

So that's what they did... Landon Kirby and Jesse Hale made themselves comfortable by the cellar, because they wanted to be there to comfort Mazikeen Parker when she was to awaken.