𝐭𝐰𝐨. the knife stealer

Mazikeen sat atop a table, swinging her legs around childishly, as Landon, Hope, Jesse and Ari wandered around the library

"Don't touch that!" Hope snapped. "Sorry I didn't— I wasn't—" Landon stammered. "Where are we?"

Jesse signed with his hands, "The Stefan Salvatore Memorial Library." But Landon, not understanding sign language, looked confused. "We're in the Stefan Salvatore Memorial Library." Ari explained, signing as she did so Jesse could feel included in the conversation.

"Oh... is Jesse.. deaf?" Landon asked. "Yeah, he is. He mostly communicates with sign language but he is really intelligent and can lip read too, so don't underestimate him." Mazikeen explained, also signing. Jesse scratched the back of his head, blushing slightly at Maze's compliment.

"All of the artefacts in here have a supernatural history." Hope began, signing the best she could. Landon looked down at an artefact on display. "What's the story on this one?" He asked as Ari helped interpret what Landon was saying, for Jesse.

"No idea, but in my experience, your safest bet is to not touch it." Hope responded. "Noted. I'm sorry about earlier." Landon replied. "Wait.. what happened earlier?" Maze asked, intrigued. "I was wolfing out and Landon appeared." Hope quickly explained before she looked to Landon. "You shouldn't have been out there."

"Yeah. I'll file that under the things that seem really obvious after the fact. So... I guess this means you're a werewolf.." Landon began, before turning to Mazikeen and Ari. "You're witches... and you are?" He asked Jesse.

Jesse had an amused smirk on his lips, before he let his yellow werewolf eyes appear. "Woah." Landon blurted, in surprise.

"I'm a lot of things." Hope confessed, before Landon turned his attention back to Hope. "Care to elaborate?" He asked.

"They're just gonna make you forget tomorrow." Maze reminded the Kirby. "Come on. Humor me." The curly haired boy pleaded, looking between the group.

❤︎

Maze had grown bored with being in the library. Something about Hope and Landon talking and lowkey flirting bothered her. She didn't know why, maybe because Jesse and Ari had left and she had began to feel like a third wheel.

Mazikeen opened the door to Josie and Lizzie's dorm, and closed it behind her. "Hey." She smiled, as her sisters sat up. "Hey! Come join the cuddle pile." Lizzie insisted.

Maze didn't need to hear anymore, as she threw herself between her two sisters and made herself comfortable. Josie and Lizzie just laughed at her enthusiasm.