𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐢𝐱. long time no see

Lizzie's breath hitched in her throat, as she felt a mix of emotions

Lizzie's breath hitched in her throat, as she felt a mix of emotions. Before words could even escape her lips, she rushed towards the newly turned heretic and threw her arms around her.

Maze seemed a little surprised by this, and placed her hands around Lizzie to return the hug, though there was no emotion in her expression.

Lizzie stepped away, as she took in the appearance of her sister. She didn't look like the sweet siphon she'd said goodbye to over two years ago.

"You look well." Maze said, looking at her sister. The Saltzman didn't know what to say in response.

"You turned?" Lizzie blurted, as Mazikeen nodded. "I sure did. A few weeks ago, actually." She responded, twirling a strand of dark hair around her finger.

Seeing the heretic consumed by darkness, Lizzie decided now wasn't the best time to tell her that Landon had been killed, and by Hope.

"How did you turn?" Lizzie asked, with a nervous tone. "That's a story I'd prefer to have over a drink. How about it?" The Parker asked, as Lizzie seemed surprised. "Maze, we're 17."

"I'm 18, actually. Which means I'm legal somewhere in the world." The heretic shrugged, "Also, I have the power of compulsion to help us." Maze smiled smugly, as Lizzie returned it. "Okay, let's go."

❤︎︎

The blonde Saltzman-Parker duo found themselves in New Orleans. Currently, Maze was leading Lizzie to Rousseau's bar, a place she had remembered Hope mention. Also, Josie had gone there once to talk to Hope's Aunt, Freya.

"Azazel will meet us here." Mazikeen spoke, as they approached the door to the bar. "Azazel's here?" Lizzie asked, with surprise. Mazikeen just nodded in response.

The girls entered the bar, and walked up to the counter. "Two of your finest whiskey." Mazikeen spoke, as the bartender looked to her. "May I see some ID?" He asked politely.

Mazikeen leant over the counter, placing her elbows down as she leant her head in the palm of her hands. It was then, she compelled the bartender, "No, you may not." She spoke sternly.

The bartender took a step back in surprise, "Two whiskeys coming up." He declared, though Maze paused as she heard the door to the bar open. Without turning to see it was her brother she said, "Make that three."

Azazel approached the bar, surprised to see Lizzie there with his sister. "Lizzie— hi." The boy smiled, catching Lizzie's attention. "Hey Azazel." The Saltzman replied, with a half smile.