CHAPTER 1

This chapter is dedicated to Riyah404 and Daboss290804
Hello guys!! I'm so excited with my first novel! I am over excited so during the course of this novel, I'm going to be really chatty so I hope you would bear with me. I don't know how it's done but I hope you enjoy it💋💋

And don't be a silent reader. If you like any parts in the story, drop a comment and let me know so that I would give you more of that. And if a part is not well done, let me know too through your comments. 'Don't just be a silent reader.' But if you prefer to be a silent reader a.k.a Ghost reader😅😅 type remember that I really appreciate you.Thanks for reading!
~Raregold~

Erica Gardener? Yes, that's me!An English teacher at American International School of Kingston. I'm 26 years old and a single mother of an 8 year old extraordinary genius daughter with an extremely pretty and cute face, Clarissa. I guess she takes after me except for the fact that she is organised. I'm quite the clumsy type who forgets to tie her shoe lace properly...forgets that I left the food on the cooker and let it burn...leaves the door unlocked at night...leaves the shower running...sometimes wears her bathroom slippers to work,that has happened a lot of time but thanks to my best girlfriend,May who always keeps an extra pair of shoe under her desk in Staffroom 1 because of me...

'Grrrhhhh', the alarm of the microwave rings and brings Erica out of her thought world. She runs over to the microwave on the counter and turns it off. She wears an hand glove and carefully brings out the cupcakes from the microwave and places on the counter.

Wow, it really worked, I did not forget it again and let it burn!!

"Nice!" She says as she examine her handiwork.

She leaves the cupcakes on the counter and goes to her room. She opens her wardrobe and picks the first cloth she lays her eyes on. It's a sleeveless deep blue and white striped jumpsuit. She matches it with a black heel.

She goes out of her room without bothering to have a look at the mirror. She is that type of woman who does not care about her looks as long as she is comfortable with the outfit but there is an exception, she checks the mirror almost every ten minutes when she is out on a date. As soon as she steps out of the door, her less maintenance red car which she calls 'bou'(a weird name for a car) is sitting comfortably in her garage.
She starts her car engine and zoom off. She was some miles away from her flat when she just glances at the back seat and found out it is empty. She immediately press the brake making her jerk forward. She parks by the roadside and continuously hits her palm on the steering wheel.

"Oh boy!I forgot the cupcakes for May's kids!"

Yeah! You are right, I'm clumsy that is how I am. I forget a lot of things even the simplest thing such as locking the door after me.

¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶

"Hello" Erica says as she rings the door bell to May's flat. She can hear the laughter of Clarissa and May's children,Jack and Jane, age 5 and 2 respectively.

"Jane, don't play with those books, they are my students' books!" May screams as she opens the door for Erica and showers her with kisses.

Jack runs over to Erica whose hands were at her back and hugs her waist while Jane hugs her thigh a bit closer to Erica's knee because of her height. Erica kisses them both on their cheeks her hands still at her back as she enters the flat.

Clarissa, Erica's genius daughter is sitting on a chair in the dining room with pieces of cardboard. She winks at Erica and Erica smiles in return.
"What did you bring?" Clarissa asks noticing that Erica's hands were at her back. This calls May's attention to Erica.