CHAPTER 6

It's lunch break, I, Adrian and May are in the cafeteria. I'm with waffles and strawberry syrup along side a glass of coconut water and I'm eating silently while May and Adrian keep on talking. I'm remaining silent and not participating in their discussion not because I'm that kind of person but my mind is occupied with the handsome stranger I met earlier today.

Suddenly the noise in the cafeteria increases and I wonder why so I looked up from the waffles I just realised I have been staring at instead of eating it. The noise is coming from table 54 which is the direct table beside us because the three of us are on table 55. I could hear their muffled whispers which is not low.

"Have you seen the new literature teacher?"

"Yes, he was introduced on the Assembly and I was present." The lady with an heavy makeup replied.

"He is damn handsome!! He is so so so so so so so so so so so hot. I could die for him."One of the female teacher whom I recognized to be in the Literary and Arts staffroom said.

"You're exaggerating again." The other one who was not really interested in the conversation from her expression remarked.

"I am really not exaggerating. Look at him at table 49." She says pointing and my eyes followed her fingers. I realised it is the guy I met earlier today. I quickly looked down when I found him staring while the ladies beside us gave him a shy wave of hands.

"She is truly not exaggerating." Is that me?

Did I just say that out loud? Oh, I did. I looked up and saw Adrian and May staring at me while the ladies attention on the table beside us was on me too. My eyes flickered towards his table and saw him looking at me intently with a smirk. Wait, was he listening on the entire conversation? I am an expert at making a fool out of myself. I excused myself from the table and on my way I hear the female teacher who called him hot telling her friends that,
"You see! She agrees with me on that." and I closed my eyes and gritted my teeth because I felt so mortified. How I wished I could just hide in a hole till everyone in the cafeteria leaves. I could feel him staring at me and I quickened my pace.

                             ¶¶¶¶¶

It's a Friday already and I am super glad it is the end of a work schedule for this week because I am so exhausted. I got out of Grade 10 and I am heading towards the language staff room when I sights that handsome stranger in the Literary and Arts staff room. Today, he is wearing an Italian purple blazers accompanied with a black trousers. I stare at him for a very long time to notice that he is wearing a gold 'Gossip' wristwatch and a 'Versace' black shoe. These are fucking expensive to be covered by a teacher's salary. Perhaps they are fake! I chuckled at that thought and his head snapped over to the doorway. I wanted to run but since he has seen me already, I decided to enter.

Immediately I entered, George who is the Fine arts teacher sighted me and called me over and I was really glad for that. I cheerfully went over to his desk.

"Hey! What a pleasant surprise! What are you doing here?" He asked enthusiastically as he offered me the chair opposite his chair with thee desk in between.

"Just came to greet you! I haven't seen you in like forever." I joked lightly.

"You still saw me at lunch break today." He said and we bought laughed.

"Do you have any other class for today?" He asked and I shook my head.

"Perfect!! Then keep me company. Bring a chair over!"

He starts to show me his next project idea. He plans on making a cabinet with clay so he is running over his idea while I, who is supposed to be his audience is staring at an handsome guy whose appearance is breathtaking. I soon excuse myself on the basis that I got some things to submit before the end of today and I was glad he didn't insist. As I passed by him, I could feel his eyes on me. I joined my palms together nervously.