CHAPTER 32

#ERICA'S POV#

Elizabeth's and Clarissa's giggle diverts my attention from my phone to see Alvin whispering to them while they give me weird looks.

'What', I mouth with a shrug as I shift my attention once again to the mind shattering news on my phone but their high pitched giggle distracts me once again as I drop my phone on the sofa and look at the cuddling pair.

"What is it?"

"Nothing." They chorused thereby piquing my curiosity the more.

I glare at Alvin."You were talking about me, right? "

"Yes, we were. Would you really like to know what I was saying about you?"

"Of course, I do." I nodded frantically to depict my enthusiasm.

"I was telling Elizabeth and Clarissa that they should giggle to catch your attention."

My eyes widen in shock and amusement."You don't mean that, do you?" I rhetorically asked.

He pouted."Of course, I do mean that. You have been so focused on your phone that you stopped paying attention to our conversation." He paused. "What is the center of your attention?" He added.

Awwwn! I did not know I zoned out of their discussion. "Do you know that author? Don't even bother, you can't know him."

"Erica, either I know him or not, just tell me." 

"I and Clarissa would be going over to our room." Elizabeth said as her and her twin stood up from the sofa. The 'our room' kept me stunned. When she first moved in, she was always saying 'Clarissa's room' but I guess time to process this all was what she needed. The sofa sinking in catches my attention and then I realized Alvin has moved over to the sofa I'm sitting on.

"Do you remember that book, “Please Don't Stay In The Shadow For Too Long For I've Been Standing In It For Too Long”, you repeatedly read it to me about ten different times." I see his shoulder blades stiffen perhaps he thinks I like the author than him, I once did, I won't lie but my whole perspective has changed now.

"Yes, I do remember the novel."

"The author, Purple Me is going to be doing a face reveal at the launching of his new book and he says he has an important announcement to give afterwards."

"Ooh" He plainly said.

"It's not just as simple as 'ooh'. Since the beginning of his writing career, he has never revealed his face in public." I said while twisting my fingers anxiously and feeling Alvin's burning gaze on my lowered head.

I continue." What if he is revealing his face in public because he plans to retire?" The thought of that alone makes my stomach twist in anxious knots. Geez!

"According to all you have said about the author, I doubt that he would be revealing his face if he was planning to retire. You have said it yourself before. You said he loves a private life therefore if he is retiring, he would not bother revealing his face." He reassured me while massaging my fingers. By now, we were facing each other on the sofa with each of us leg tucked under us.

I breathe out in relief. "Well, that's nice."

Looking up to his eyes, I ask,"Can you please accompany me to the face reveal?"

"No, I can't." His abrupt reply made me jerk a bit.

"Why?"

"I have somewhere important to be on that day." He shrugged his reply.

"Now, I feel you are jealous of the guy." I provokingly said.

"We both know that is a lie." He smirked.