CHAPTER 27

#CLARISSA'S POV#

Everyone scurries to settle down in their respective seats as the class teacher for Grade 5, Mrs. Colbert approaches. Thankfully, I have been seated twenty minutes earlier. During this process, I noticed Lily fell down. I struggle not to laugh but I fail. Lily stands up dusting her clothes while glaring at me furiously. I glare back at her too because it is not my fault she fell and she can't stop me from laughing. Woah, she is heading to my seat furiously. I quickly divert my eyes from her.

"Cla..."

"Mrs. Colbert is at the door." I lie, to scare her away and luckily she ran to her seat. When she realized I lied, she attempts to come over to my seat and fortunately for me, Mrs. Colbert makes her grand entrance.

"Good Morning Honourable student of Grade 5." Her loud and cheerful voice booms as she enters the class with a beautiful girl. She has this sort of entrancing hazel hair. She is undoubtedly attractive I must say.

"Good Morning Good Mrs Colbert of Grade 5." We all greet in unison and she replies in her usual manner.

"Oh! Don't call me that. I'm not good." She called it a bluff but we all know she loves the title. The unfortunate day we forgot to use that title was the same day she got angry at every little thing even the sound of one's textbook making flipping sound or the scrabble of the pen on the notepad. I guess from that they on we have always been seeing her smile because we never stopped using that title.

"I hope you all had a splendid weekend?" She asked. There were a lot of different answers to her question.

"It's good to hear all of that. Welcome back to school. I wish you all a fun week ahead."

"Thank you Good Mrs. Colbert." We all replied in chorus.

"Well, I am sure you would all be wondering who is standing beside me. Would you introduce yourself to these honourable students?"

"Of course ma." Her voice sounds like... "I am Elizabeth. You know Elizabeth as in Queen Elizabeth of England. We don't look alike though" The whole class chuckled at that but I rolled my eyes. Like seriously, how is that funny?

"But don't call me Elizabeth because I wouldn't even know you were calling me if you said so." They laughed again and I had to look around to know if I am the only one not finding what she is saying funny. I guess I am the only one.

"You can call me Betty though. I am a Korean transfer student. I'm not sure if you are interested in my next bit of information. Are you?" She asked, twirling her hand round her ironed hazel hair. Thank Jehovah she finally asked a question. I was about to raise my hand to tell her we are not interested so maybe she could sit so we can begin our day but the whole class beat me to it with a chorus; "We are." I sighed.

"My Korean name is Sul-Hee."

A blond in the front raised her hand up. "What is the meaning?" She asked.

"Well, you can look it up the internet or meet me during the lunch break." She says while straightening her hair.

"I am a pianist. I took classes in Korea. Well, I can show you all my skills when it's music class." She smacks her lips together.

An attention seeker, I scoff.

"We just moved here some wee..."

"I guess that is enough for an introduction, Elizabeth." Mrs. Colbert warned. Finally, I chuckled at that.

"I moved here some weeks ago. So far, I have loved the scener..." She continues but is cut of again by no one other than our Good Mrs Colbert.

"I thought I said that is enough for an introduction, Elizabeth!" She said more sternly.

Betty as she calls herself turns to Mrs Colbert with her left hand on her flat chest. "Oh, were you referring to me, Excellent Mrs Colbert?" She asked.

I noticed Mrs Colbert blushed at that new title. I groaned inwardly. I wonder why an old woman ( Not that old though, just exaggerating) like her would derive pleasure in unnecessary flattering titles.

"I sincerely did not know, Excellent Mrs Colbert." Betty stressed her last three words. "I have said that Elizabeth is unrecognizable to me. No one calls me that, Excellent Mrs Colbert. Just call me Betty" I shuddered at her tone of flattery.

"Fine, Betty. Could you take the empty seat in the middle row there." Mrs Colbert said with cherry cheeks. I released my breath. I was scared Mrs Colbert was going to tell Betty to take the empty seat beside me.

"It's my pleasure." Betty replied as she walked over to the empty seat Mrs Colbert pointed to.

"Thanks. You all know we are almost at the end of the academic year so I would like you all to cooperate with Betty in case she would be needing your notes to make up for lost time. Is that understood? "

"Yes ma." They all chorused including me.