CHAPTER 10

#ERICA'S POV#

Rick has been doing a lot of sweet things for me lately that I have been feeling a bit guilty because of a lot of reasons one of them been that while he has been trying to make this relationship a success, I've been hanging around with Alvin all in the name of preparing for the School's Gala party. So I decided to make it up to him by paying him surprise visit.
Right now, I'm packing in front of R&R Groceries. It's just a little family grocery shopping store in the neighborhood. It's owned by Rio and Reece. They are an elderly couple who started the store about 6 years ago. They are friends of mine too. Sometimes they help in babysitting Clarissa. They have five kids; two boys and three girls. They are all married and they stay abroad. She has 7 grandchildren.

"Hello Erica!" Rio greeted with a wave as I entered the store so I went over to the counter.

"Hi Rio! How is today sales?"

"Good. How is Issa?" She asked and I chuckled.

"Don't let her hear you calling her that. She would frown at it." I said with a smile.

"I know." She replied while rolling her eyes and returning the stray strand of grey hair to it's rightful position which is behind her ear. The rolling of her eyes made me laugh. This woman is just so dramatic.

"So what's up??" She asked.

"Nothing much. I'm just shopping for groceries for my boyfriend. I want to pay him a surprise visit today and cook for him. What do you suggest I cook."

"Do you know what food he likes best?" She asked while wiping the counter with a moist towel.

"Nope"

"Then prepare what you like cooking the most. Something you are very good at."

Wow!I never thought of that! "Spicy Fish Escovitch with pasta?"

"Perfect!Prepare that!" She said as she slammed her hands on the poor counter. It was my turn to smile and roll my eyes simultaneously.

"What would I do without you, Rio? I asked rhetorically as I left the counter.

"Without me, you would clean up your anus!" She gave a reply to my question. I suddenly stopped. I raised hand to my mouth and slowly turned towards her.

"What did you just say?" I asked with the shocked expression that I'm sure is plastered on my face right now.

"You asked what could you do without me and I said you could clean your..." I quickly ran over to shut her up with my two palms.

Oh yeah! I forgot to tell you. Rio has a way of embarrassing you. You may find this odd from a seller but she is not just a seller, she is like family to me and Clarissa. More like a second Grandma to Clarissa.

"Do you have to always reply to every questions thrown at you?" I asked while quickly scanning the store to make sure no one heard her. It does not seem like any shopper heard her so I heaved a sigh of relief and released her mouth.

"It was a question Erica. What question does not deserve an answer?"

"A rhetorical question does not deserve an answer. Simple!"

"It was not a rhetorical question" She argued

" Fine Rio but please don't repeat it." I said as I left the counter while still facing her because I was scared that once I left, she would repeat it just to make me flustered. I felt she was about to open her mouth but a customer came over with her shoppings. Rio winked at me as if telling me that I should be thankful that a customer came over if not... Don't let me think about it.