2

🍸

"WHERE'S Wooyoung?" You ask as you fiddled with your fingers. Your emptied glass sitting on the bar table centimeters away from you. 

"Hmm, most probably downstairs, entertaining his guests," San coughs, and you just know there's more meaning to what he meant by the word, entertaining

"Why? You wanna go home now?" He asks. It's been way past an hour, you suppose, since you've arrived. And since then, San never left your side, occasionally throwing topics in for you two to talk about. 

And you enjoyed every single bit of it. It made you feel like you got to know him even better.

"Uh, yeah. My parents might be already looking for me. What time is it? I-I told them I'll be back by 10." You wish. They probably don't even give a fuck.

San looks at his watch, telling you it's 30 minutes before 10. Then he offers, "Do you want me to drive you home?"

You shook your head. "Uh no, there's really no need for that Sa-"

"I'm so dumb for asking when in fact, I'll still drive you even when you say no." San chuckles, while you stand there, mind processing his words a little bit slower than usual due to the light amount of alcohol in your system.

Then he turns his back and starts walking, when he hears no footsteps behind him, he turns to you, rolling his eyes.

"C'mon, pretty face, are you just going to stand there? You said you wanted to go home right?" San says, a boyish grin toying at his lips.

You gulp.

"A-Ah, yes! My bad." You hurriedly uttered before you ran to match his pace.

That night, you went home with a sickening feeling as you approached the doorsteps to what you call home. 

You didn't get to fully drown your problems tonight, what a shame. But it was nice, having someone as a company, even if it was just for mere hours.

🍸

You surprised yourself, the guys, and especially Wooyoung himself. Not even a week has passed and you're here yet again, appearing in one of your friend's parties.

That makes two out of 16 invitations. You could say that progress has been made.

Tonight, you also practically begged Wooyoung to let you wander around the house and mingle as well. Not just be stuck in the private room with the scent of expensive liquor and the eight boys.

You liked San's company, all of them, it's a given fact.

But, you wanted to drown it all for real this time. You want to go home the most wasted you'll ever get, up to the point that you'll forget about your name, your favorite color, how many tubs of ice cream you have left in the fridge, the scar on your abdomen, everything.

Which is why after an eternity of dancing in the middle of sweaty bodies, countless spilt drinks on Wooyoung's marble floor, and stumbly walks around the mansion — you find yourself outside on the pool with San.

Well, he dragged you here before you could even accept the stranger's invitation of hitting it off together. You had drunkenly chuckled, wondering what you two were going to hit all the while San was clenching his knuckles at the side, ready to give the guy a blow in the face if you hadn't dragged him away, shouting, "I want to see the mermaids!"

And that's how you find yourselves sitting at the pool's rocky edge, both of your feet submerged in the cold water while San sat cross-legged beside you, smoking.

"I didn't know you smoked!" You squeaked. 

"You didn't ask." San chides, turning to face you.

"I didn't." 

"Yeah, do you want to try?" San nudges your side, making you snap your head to him, eyes wide, cheeks flushed due to the shivering cold and the after effect of all the alcohol you drank tonight.

You're actually surprised you haven't vomited yet.

San pulls out another cigarette from his back pocket and thrusts the death stick to you. You frantically shook your head, your left hand moving it away from you.

"But why? It doesn't hurt to try does it?"

"Yeah, but I call that a death stick."  You emphasized. Which is why you should stop, you wanted to add. But no. Who are you to tell San how to live his life? You're not his mom, you're just a….friend? If he even considers you as one.

At that, San wheezes, much to your dismay. "A death stick? Well, I can't blame you, you're not wrong after all." He says, before he takes another whiff of his cigarette, a stream of smoke coming out of his mouth as he exhales. 

"I don't like the smell." You muttered while your hands tried their best to not let the smoke near you, in fear of inhaling it.

Silence draped around the two of you like a blanket. Even though your eyes were fixated on the water glistening because of the moonlight above, you can still feel eyes burning into the side of your face. It only heightened the heat creeping up into your face.

"Stop staring at me, San." You told him in a quiet voice.

If he was surprised that he's caught by you, San doesn't let it show. What he does though, is look away, his lips emitting another puff of smoke.

"Apparently all our friends have a bet going, that we end up together." San blurts out after sometime, the exact moment when a cold gust of wind blows past you, making you shiver.

You weren't able to hear his words well past the loud clattering of your teeth, your arms wrapping around yourself. 

"What did you say?" 

"Nothing. You're cold, let's get inside and then I'll drive you home."

You weren't even able to protest when you felt something around your shoulders. It turns out to be San's leather jacket, and now he's only left in his black t-shirt. At least it's not a mere tank top this time.

San pulls you up and escorts you back inside the house. You could feel the ghost of his arm over your waist, but it didn't touch, not even when the two of you were already back in the private room bidding goodbyes to the other guys.

The next thing you knew, you were already seated inside his car.